1265 versus 1270

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U should pull up a side by side so u can see the options they both have at same time i dont think there is a whole lit of difference mayb 1 thing kinda like a garrett ace 150 to a 250 to close in models to get what Ud want out of a uograde

geologyjohn

Mar 18, 2009
West edge of the U.S.
Detector(s) used
WW2 mine detector, D-Tex Standard, D-Tex Deluxe, A.H. Pro Discriminator, various Whites, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher 1270, Fisher F75, Fisher Gold Bug,Tesoro Sand Shark. And maybe others that I forgot?
I used a 1265 for 8-10 years as my primary machine, and then bought a 1270 and used it as my primary machine for 8-10 years. Mostly used them for hunting Civil War relics. They both worked well and I was happy with them. Then I bought an F-75 and its a whole new world.

YUKONBUCK

Tenderfoot
Oct 6, 2011
Wasilla, AK
Detector(s) used
1270, CZ70,CZ7, Gold Bug 2, CoinStrike, 1212, Whites GM3
Well I've never used a 1265 but the 1270 is cool because you can be searching in disc mode then flip the trigger fwd and be in iron disc mode which works great. I never did like using the silencer mode. It never seemed to feel right with it on. I have the Los Banos made version. It's a really hot machine I.e very sensitive but very tameable as well. I use an old elliptical coil I found on ebay and get great separation and still deep as heck. I'll bet that the basic circuitry between the two are very similar and you may not be gaining much by switching but it'd be cool to have both.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I have never used a 1270, but I have had my 1265 since if I remember correctly 1982, it is also a los banos unit, not sure what that means, but the reply above made me curious so I checked it lol.
I love that machine, its about to be sent back to fisher to have some things fixed on it, built like a tank, but 30 years takes its toll.
I know every sound that comes out of that thing by heart, I do not need a meter, 99% of the time I am right as to what I think it is under my coil, you use that machine, or any machine for that matter long enough and you will master it.
I did buy a new machine because I did not think they could repair a detector that old, but it turns out that they can indeed fix it, so I guess I will be taking that AT pro back I bought, thats 539 bucks back in my pocket, which mind you I had to literally kiss my wifes feet to get her to let me spend that much lol...I know that you will be happy with either a 1265 or a 1270, the only probs I have with mine is, back in the early 80's there was not much EMI issues, and well it tends to go kinda crazy at times nowadays..Now if I could only get my oldest brother to part with that 1266 xb he has, nothing like a detector that came in a nice hard carrying case.
Thats my 2 cents.
Oh yeah by the way, I don't know if you know this or not, but I have a great tip for you on the 1265, when pinpointing a target and other targets a very close by, take and pull the trigger back twice and hold it, do it very fast the double pull, and you will have a very very tight pinpoint then, I do not know if that was a built in feature or not, but I found it out by accident a long long time ago.
Happy Hunting.

Mike

YUKONBUCK

Tenderfoot
Oct 6, 2011
Wasilla, AK
Detector(s) used
Hey BC the Los Banos refers to the old factory before Fisher sold to First Texas. My 1270 does a tight pinpoint too but instead of a double trigger pull u just pull the trigger when you're just off center of the target and it will detune/desensatize itself for tight pp. Right now I'm experimenting with a Blisstool and apart from all the knobs it feels just like a 1270 on crack...very very deep. Picked up an 11 inch merc last night with it. Anyway take care and never never sell that 1265 or any of the old 1200's for that matter. there is nothing out yet in America that is any better. Just bells and whistles these days and no more depth really. Upgrade to a 1270 but keep that 1265:-)

HH,
Buck

Last edited:

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah I agree with you Buck on it being the one of the best detectors ever made, I have run it along side of a lot of other newer computerized detectors, and my 1265 works just as good or better, and I have pulled mercs and Indian head pennies at a foot, and to the naysayers that say it was in the side of the hole and fell down, well I use a steel rod with a small porcelain ball on the end and when I probe for the coin and hit it at 10 plus inches, well there ain't no hole yet buddy lol.
I am looking for a 1270.
You cannot do wrong with a fisher, any company that will repair a product that is nearly 32 years old, stands behind their product, and definitely values their customers.

Mike

YUKONBUCK

Tenderfoot
Oct 6, 2011
Wasilla, AK
Detector(s) used
Well I know that FT was still pumping out the 1270 after the buyout from Fisher but Im not sure what serial numbers were from the new vs the old factory or whether it even matters. I know my 1270 will always be in my lineup and, no matter what, I will never sell her.

E.V.

Greenie
Mar 30, 2014
Troy,Va
Detector(s) used
Nautilus,Fisher 1260,65,66,70,Garrett GM3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 2 1266s and 2 1270s. I also have a 1260 and a 1265. My favorite is the 1265.It may be old-but it is the best

ReidMan

Jul 16, 2008
Hampton, VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 main, Infinium water, TDI red dirt, 1266x if I feel like digging iron.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
One difference is the 1265 did not have the deep signal amplifier, the 1266 and 1270 do. I have had all three, I still have my 1266 I wish I had kept the 1265. The issue is with the 1265 I could always tell a deep target with the 1266 they all sound pretty close to the same as target gets amplified.
I wish there was an off switch for this. They are the deepest detectors I have ever used with low discrm. But they are an iron magnet at deep depths iron sounds great it will wear you out digging 2 feet for a plow shard. The 1270 was a little better. The F75 was much better but not as deep close but the 1266 still wins. Just saw a 1266 xb go for almost $500 on Ebay last I was looking at it. What does that tell you?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions