Upgrading my f2

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a real big jump on F4 over F2. The F4 is basically an F2 that you have access to adjustments. Some people have mentioned the circuit boards are the same less parts...

I have the F2 and F5. Get the F5.

Then again, how much more can you afford? I also have an F70, another big jump in performance over the F5.
Jmho

F2 Hunter 28146

May 22, 2013
Rockwell, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 "Limited" CAMO - Fisher F5 (with Standard Coil) - Fisher F2 (10" coil) - & a Radio Shack "Treasure Finder" Metal Detector!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have (2) F2's and (1) F5. I can tell you... the "horse power" that the F5 has over the F2 is pretty amazing. I like ALL the bells & whistles you get when you upgrade to the F5. The really cool thing is the CONFIDENCE meter. That is a pretty awesome option. PLUS... me being a techie I also like how the F5 can show you the elements that are in the ground too.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's your budget?

The more $$ you got, the higher performance detector we haven't considered can be brought into the conversation, changing your original question.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U could easily get one of thr higher end f75 models I seen a couple in around that range one just sold yesterday on feebay for 475 great deal check out that place & even craigslist lots of deals out there its just right place right time & if u can.jump.up passed middle level its only gonna save money in the long run cuz eventually ull upgrade again & do this all over good luck

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ditto christo000

Also Fisher has refurb F75s and T2s from time to time you can buy from customer service at a huge discount with warranty.

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

You buy anything yet? I'm thinking of getting a T2 early next year- pretty much the same as the F75 but its a bit cheaper. The 2 coil pkg from big boy hobbies is like $899.

I have the F5 DD and its pretty awesome, it's super sensitive. Decided to get it instead of an ATP just to be different- seems the whole world has the ATP. You can "hear" how deep your target is on the F5, without even looking at the screen. But if you choose to look, there's a lot of info on there! Let us know what you get man.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The F4 was my original choice, but I found a used F75 and I am very happy with that. The T2 is good or better than the F75. Depends on your hunts. F75 is a coin machine. T2 is a relic machine, but both will do the job. Besides T2's, I see whites. I know all three of these brands work.

OP
OP
issombeituni

issombeituni

May 26, 2013
Still in debate with myself atp or f5 ir minelab 505 i can get the atp for 539 shipped to my door

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still in debate with myself atp or f5 ir minelab 505 i can get the atp for 539 shipped to my door

Well get a big Peice of paper write down all the options of each side by side & go down one by one on each machine & check off which one has that option that's gonna benefit u, the one with most checks get that one. Or go used & buy all 3 lol

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I love the 505! I was debating over the F5 as well. I'm glad I got the Minelab, it's a great machine. Haven't tried an AT pro, but it does not have a threshold based all metal mode & that is definitely a deal breaker for me.

Clay Fisher2

Jul 20, 2013
Middle GA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm swinging a F2 and digging deep with the 4 coil but didn't realize theres no GB until I arrived at the beach. Other than that I'm a happy gal. How does the F5 compare to At Pro?

F2 Hunter 28146

May 22, 2013
Rockwell, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 "Limited" CAMO - Fisher F5 (with Standard Coil) - Fisher F2 (10" coil) - & a Radio Shack "Treasure Finder" Metal Detector!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which one did you upgrade too?

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd pick the F5 or if the budget is available I would get the F75! Any way, that's my opinion.

F2 Hunter 28146

May 22, 2013
Rockwell, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The F5 is pretty slick. I was glad I got that one. The display on it rocks (..once you figure it all out)!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions