Fisher CZ-7 Visual display categories vs. VDI #s

DnD

Aug 24, 2012
First Coast, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX, Nox800, Excal, Explorer, CZ, AT, Sea Hunter, DP Pulse & Diver, Surf PI, BHID, and BH
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Fisher CZ-7 Visual display categories vs. VDI #'s

Just picked up a "new-to-me" CZ-7 and wondered about the settings that cause the visual display to show a target as iron, pull tab, etc. More specifically, I wonder the following:
  • Did Fisher create a scale for these objects, e.g. a 50 point scale for 5 objects, where each object was associated with a range of 10 points?
  • Is there a way to modify the display to show #'s?

B/R, -David

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just picked up a "new-to-me" CZ-7 and wondered about the settings that cause the visual display to show a target as iron, pull tab, etc. More specifically, I wonder the following:
  • Did Fisher create a scale for these objects, e.g. a 50 point scale for 5 objects, where each object was associated with a range of 10 points?
  • Is there a way to modify the display to show #'s?

Here is some info I have found on the net which you may find helpful!

A study was done with 259 gold rings of all shapes and alloys. Here is where they read on the CZ. 0- read as iron; 51- read as round tab; 92- read as foil (mostly thinner women's rings); 75- read as rect tab; 26- read as nickel; 11- as zinc; and 4- as coin. This is just to give you an idea. So that's it for now. I don't claim to know it all. These tips can vary depending on ground conditions and other things.Dont be afraid to experiment and see what works or not.You might find a better way that works for you.

Most of the rings I have found have come in at foil on the scale!

Here is a site which you will find helpful! Tons of useful info on the CZ detectors!

Fisher CZ Tips Page 2

Hope this helps you! You have a great detector there! The CZs have a good reputation. Take the time and get to use it. Good luck with it!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread