Headphones/Earbuds for Gold Bug 2

Floating_Adrift

Oct 10, 2013
Idaho City
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II, Gold Bug 2, DetectorPro Uniprobe, XP Deus (love it!), Minelab ProFind.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered a Gold Bug 2 from Big Boys Hobbies (thanks, Bart!) and it should be here soon.

I have a question about headphones, or in this case - earbuds. Does the volume control on the GB2 affect the headphone volume or do you have to have volume control on the headphones?

I have a set of Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 earbuds and wonder if they would work well as a metal detector 'headphone'.

They are excellent audiophile grade earbuds for music, and great at noise isolation, but can also be worn in a way so that I can still hear what's going on near me which is important hiking around here in the mountains of Idaho (bears, cougars, bigfoot :D ) Plus they would be cool when it's hot out. I'd like to use them if possible.

Any thoughts?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would suggest Detector Pro Rattler's from Big Boys Hobbies. Tell him Sandman sent you.
http://www.bigboyshobbies.net/
This is if you really need only one ear. I prefer the Black Widow's or Grey Ghost myself for the better quality hearing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Floating_Adrift

Oct 10, 2013
Idaho City
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II, Gold Bug 2, DetectorPro Uniprobe, XP Deus (love it!), Minelab ProFind.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other than the volume control on metal detector headphones, what is the difference between them and headphones or earbuds made for music?

Since the goldbug2 has a volume control, I was hoping to be able to use some high quality earbuds that I already have instead of buying another set of headphones.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These headphones produce higher quality sound than any tiny earbuds which are made for music. Its your choice of hearing a nugget or not. If you could visit a dealer you could test the differences yourself with you ear buds and the different headphones. The Detector Pro headphones are sweet and they are very comfortable on you head as they are super cushioned to fit around the ears and not on them.

You can ask Bart about them too at http://www.bigboyshobbies.net/ Tell him Sandman sent you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Floating_Adrift

Oct 10, 2013
Idaho City
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am getting a DetectorPro Uniprobe - I figure it would be a good set of headphones, and the probe would make sense to have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions