New Fisher (to me) CZ-70pro on the way....

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I was always interested in trying a fisher CZ detector. I can't stop reading incredible things on them and how deep they find metal. Well we shall see how good it works here in Costa Rica, since here we have quite a bad soil, not to mention the beaches that are mineralized like none.
I shall report my impressions on this "old" detector.
u6ajetyv.jpg
ny8a3yre.jpg
tahu6ypy.jpg

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just picked on up as well. 3 feet of freaking snow here though so I got a while to wait to use it.

OP
OP
norbyx

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Well here we are in summer, dirt is hard and dry now, but beaches are a good option.

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
Best beast on the salt beach! Mine outdoes everything but a PI for depth, and it ignores most of the small iron and other smallish scrap metal. Teardrop sized gold will be ignored though, but that's why they make the Gold Bog Pro, it does well on salt beaches too..

lem49

Mar 25, 2010
Repuplic of Panama
Detector(s) used
fisher cz7a pro, Tesoro Vaquero, whites coinmaster GT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in The Republic of Panama, I have the 7A pro and I will say in heavy black sand I have trouble, but there are some beaches here up the coast where I can use it. It loves Iron and it kills on coins, bottle caps will show up as a quarter. I like the tones, the weight is all that I dislike. Sincé the 2000 only had to replace the coil. The 7A can be belt or chest mounted. Looking forward to your results with the machine.

OP
OP
norbyx

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
Hey lem...
Well here in Costa Rica beaches are more or less alike to the ones in panama, there are obviously black sand beaches where I had problems even with the PI machine I had, and there are gold sand ones where I usually have no problems with regular detectors on the dry sand... Now we shall see if the CZ can handle the wet sand as well... I shall post my results as soon as the detector reaches Costa Rica ...

OP
OP
norbyx

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
Well it finally arrived, What can I say. The detector is as new, I rarely have seen a detector that is about 10 years old and still looks as if it had just a few uses. I couldn't wait to go out and detect but since the coil cover is on it's way, I will have to wait a few days more. So I went on and did some air tests ( I know, I know they mean close to nothing). I did this just to make a quick check on the capacity of the discrimination, the speed of the detector and the depth I could get it to detect a coin (local currency). Well I was amazed, the discrimination is superb, iron will just dissapear, in fact at the beguining I thought the detector was defective. I hadn't read the instructions and didn't know that the factory preset is just for coins and discriminates everything else. Well it was working great for coins, but everything else was just silent. As stated first thought was that I got a bad detector and now I am screwed. After correctly setting it up. I could pick up iron, with the classic grunt sound, and all the other metals.
Speed is not it's strong point as I noticed that very quick passes are faint while slower passes are just right in sound. Depth is great, I got 11.5 inches on my local 100 colones coin, and nothing less than 9 inches on any other coin. I got up to 16 inches on a piece of aircraft aluminum tag that I found long ago... that is just too much... if I had to dig 16 inches I would probably have given up on the find....
Anyhow, this looks like a very promissing detector, now is just a matter of time to have the coil cover and do some field testing to see how it works.

Last edited:

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you got a great deal there, Norbyx. It looks practically new with no scratches on the bottom of the coil and it has great depth! It sounds just like my ole CZ5. Really like the sweet high tones on the CZ. Hope it works out for you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions