Nel Coils for Gold Bug Pro, SharpShooter or Hunter?

shojo510

Jun 16, 2013
SF Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Scorpion Stinger, White's XLT, Sovereign XS, Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anybody have any experience with the Sharpshooter(9.5 X 5.5) or Hunter Coils(12.5 X 8.5) from Nel for the GBP?

Looking into picking up a larger coil and saw these, seem like a good alternative to the 10 x 5 or the 11" DD's ...

Will be used for sweeping larger open areas(Parks,etc.), while trying to keep reasonable target separation...

Thanks all in advance.

HH, John

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

shojo510

Jun 16, 2013
SF Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Scorpion Stinger, White's XLT, Sovereign XS, Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm also hearing that Nel makes the "big Coil" (15 x 17) for the GBP as well. Be curious to see some video's on that one!

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sorry I did not see this post sooner, I have both coils and each has their advantage, the Hunter is great general purpose but in heavy clad it gets overloaded, the sharpshooter is my fav of the two.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry I did not see this post sooner, I have both coils and each has their advantage, the Hunter is great general purpose but in heavy clad it gets overloaded, the sharpshooter is my fav of the two.

I just got the Hunter, equal or up to two inches better than the stock 11DD on my GoldbugPro.

Thinking about the Sharpshooter for it or my F70.

Question is, do you like it better than the Fisher 5"DD; I already have them. The 10" elliptic is nice on my F70, would really like to try a concentric but I thought I read somewhere the F70 doesn't like concentrics, maybe that's why I haven't seen any.

IBdiggin

Mar 21, 2013
Central Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70,Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250, 2 Garrett pro-pointers
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Steve, the stock 10" elliptical coil on the F70 is a concentric coil. Elliptical is merely the overall shape.--------IB

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve, the stock 10" elliptical coil on the F70 is a concentric coil. Elliptical is merely the overall shape.--------IB

It is, I meant to say a round coil like the stock 8" on some Fishers and Teknetics. Something that isn't a DD and I can pinpoint and dig trash better. The 5" DD ain't bad; I'm working very trashy and very old places. I thought the old cone shaped pattern of a round coil would be worth trying on the F70 since the CZ series use them.

I'm always thinking there's something better that doesn't exist.

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd go for a marsmd coil goliaf or tiger real deep,more stable priced right

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread