FISHER LABS AND FIRST TEXAS

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
so i heard a few years ago first texas bought out fisher labs.so do they still run operations out of the fisher plant?or did they combine operations?was fisher still in los banos,cal ?what i'm wondering is?i bought a cz20 for water detecting and left it sit for 2 years.then in the fall before winter i went to take the batteries out before they caused corrosion damage and i noticed that there was a melt mark on the mating surface of the battery compartment.so it isnt going to be watertight and i figured out too late thats why the guy sold it.so i'm wondering before i go throught he hassle of sending it in.is it possible to email them a picture of the damage and they can give me a verdict that way.i've heard of other stories on here people dont have much luck with emailing them.then why have an email address at all?any advice?thanks-

geologyjohn

Mar 18, 2009
West edge of the U.S.
Detector(s) used
WW2 mine detector, D-Tex Standard, D-Tex Deluxe, A.H. Pro Discriminator, various Whites, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher 1270, Fisher F75, Fisher Gold Bug,Tesoro Sand Shark. And maybe others that I forgot?
Fisher machines (1265, 1270, F-75) have been my primary machines for the past 25 years (though I've been hunting since 1966). Most Fisher owners that I know just call Fisher/First Texas on the phone when they need to send a machine in for service. I believe that the man you ask for is "Felix". Folks have had good results after speaking with him.
Hope this helps, Geologyjohn

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't believe everything you hear.

I've never mentioned this here before but I sell detectors, (many hundreds of them) and in 6+ years I've only had to call / email them 2 or 3 times on others behalf, of those few times I've always got a responce in a VERY timely fashion. Any problem was always handled likewise, in a VERY timely fashion.

Trouble is some people think "they" are the only customer a company has.
Example. I've seen this, (paraphrased) "I emailed them 5 times this afternoon, and got no reply"

This is fact, it's a long ways to ship from here to texas, one returned unit, was back in customers hands in two weeks. One other fellow had a new replacement shipped out to him BEFORE he had even returned his. I ask how could service get any better than that ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
hey casper 2-i tried to send you a private message says your box is full cant take any more.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey casper 2-i tried to send you a private message says your box is full cant take any more.

try again - getting them from others

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
try again - getting them from others
i had this whole letter typed out tried to send it through and it said your mailbox was full.now i forgot what i said.i'll have to think about it a couple days!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread