OP
OP
Steve Herschbach

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mike is busy in Africa. Dave is probably just plain busy. Working on that next gen detector!

Last edited:

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll spill the beans after marketing dept. does. As Steve says, Mike is busy in Africa. And I'm just plain busy with other stuff, working on that next-gen "whatever" and fighting Lou Gehrig's disease. Fortunately been somewhat successful at both. Would have done better with 48 hours a day instead of the regular 24 hour kind.

The F19 project was hatched between marketing dept. and the Saad/Yi singlefreaker team. These guys have really mastered singlefreakers and I was brought into the project so infrequently that I didn't know what the F19 was until I saw the ad copy. Now I know as much as the rest of y'all do, but not much more.

Mr. Saad (working together with marketing dept.) was pretty much the mastermind of the Euroteks, which after having been sleepers for a few months are finally being recognized for the superb machines they really are. Another project I occasionally stuck my nose into just to make sure that nobody was making a horrible screwup, and otherwise had little to do with.

Few things in life gratify me as much as being able to walk away from a job and to see it finished well by someone else whom I've trained. I myself didn't fall out of the sky, my own abilities are the product of other people's investments. I'll spare you the list, it's a very, very long one.

--Dave J.

cadman20

Aug 4, 2010
I'll spill the beans after marketing dept. does. As Steve says, Mike is busy in Africa. And I'm just plain busy with other stuff, working on that next-gen "whatever" and fighting Lou Gehrig's disease. Fortunately been somewhat successful at both. Would have done better with 48 hours a day instead of the regular 24 hour kind.

The F19 project was hatched between marketing dept. and the Saad/Yi singlefreaker team. These guys have really mastered singlefreakers and I was brought into the project so infrequently that I didn't know what the F19 was until I saw the ad copy. Now I know as much as the rest of y'all do, but not much more.

Mr. Saad (working together with marketing dept.) was pretty much the mastermind of the Euroteks, which after having been sleepers for a few months are finally being recognized for the superb machines they really are. Another project I occasionally stuck my nose into just to make sure that nobody was making a horrible screwup, and otherwise had little to do with.

Few things in life gratify me as much as being able to walk away from a job and to see it finished well by someone else whom I've trained. I myself didn't fall out of the sky, my own abilities are the product of other people's investments. I'll spare you the list, it's a very, very long one.

--Dave J.

Good that you are doing well.

OP
OP
Steve Herschbach

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Dave, hope you are well.

Add to your list of accomplishments the creation of two new words. A Google search of "singlefreaker" gets exactly one hit, over on Findmall, where you mention the term and also "multifreaker".

I like it. Maybe the term could also extend from referring to the machine itself and to the people using them. I can make bumper stickers "I am a singlefreaker" or "I am a multifreaker". I always thought somebody like me as obsessed with detectors as I am is a bit of a freak anyway, so it is comforting to know there are subcategories of freakishness.

Attachments

• dave-johnson-detector.jpg
    dave-johnson-detector.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 110

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This it just went threw,my mind I saw you liked Daves word's single & multi freaker, but if this were those digger guys saying it they'd be bashed, when they got the same passion for the hobby & between the 2 of them came up with there own word's that they like & since they use those word's it carried with them onto there shows & vids so basically it just sounds weird to me its fine for one not for another. Honestly I don't mind if anyone has any word's they make up for what ever they do as long as there having fun with what there doin is all more power to them

OP
OP
Steve Herschbach

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well if it makes you feel better bash me also for using funny words. I have no idea how those shows crept into this but hey, fair is fair.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if it makes you feel better bash me also for using funny words. I have no idea how those shows crept into this but hey, fair is fair.

Ohh no I'm not a bashing person, I just like the hobby that's all, I meant nothing by it I just thought it was funny one guy talks about making up word's its fine but if it were a public television show he'd be bashed. It's all good I never meant for anything to get crazy & I don't bash this really isn't a hobby for bashing its a waste of time for that, better off just having fun

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I kind of use those words, wife ask me if I found anything good today and I told her not a singlefreaking thing.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This it just went threw,my mind I saw you liked Daves word's single & multi freaker, but if this were those digger guys saying it they'd be bashed, when they got the same passion for the hobby & between the 2 of them came up with there own word's that they like & since they use those word's it carried with them onto there shows & vids so basically it just sounds weird to me its fine for one not for another. Honestly I don't mind if anyone has any word's they make up for what ever they do as long as there having fun with what there doin is all more power to them
I thought the same thing.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want a waterproof F75.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm old school, I like the F5 interface, the knobs you can adjust on the fly without wearing out the chicklet bubbles spending most of your time stepping through menus.

Take a GoldBugPro or F70 or F75 and use the F5 user interface would the next machine I'd buy. Or make the F5 a 13 or 19khz...

I not be an engineer though.....

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
F19 how much? Why would you want one instead of a Goldbug? Tell me what I'm missing, I have a GoldBugPro. I don't see anything that will improve upon what I have.

Well let's see, they've added a backlit display and something that is suppose to mimic Garrett's iron chirp I guess.

And several different colors available!

And looks like it includes the GoldBug 5x10 DD coil with the eleventeen foot cable that takes forever to wrap just like the one I have on my GoldBug.

With the GoldBugPro listing at $699, I'd say you're looking at $749.

As Dave said many years ago, as I understand it, deeper just isn't mathematically possible unless maybe you can improve the receiver.
Question and Answer Session with FT-Fisher Engineers David Johnson and John Gardiner

The opinions expressed are all my own, produced after three hours of running a chainsaw this morning.....

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not it would be something new to try like a lot of different detectors out there many are over looked example f70 not many use it but its an awesome machine, same as the f75ltd u hear etrac this & v3i that but not tm much on the f75 & when I used those others & the f75 will kick but, thing is the 19 isn't out so who knows the smallest things could make the biggest difference only way to see is to try

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True.
The first thing I'll do is look for the GoldbugPro vs F19 field tests.

I'm prepared to be disappointed. Especially after being surprised by hanging a DD coil on this ancient GTP1350 I was given.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread