New Fisher F-19 Metal Detector

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey if its how u wanna be prepared is for disappointment well ok, me I'm probly not goin to listen to others & make up my own mind, because there will be a lot of biased opinions if theres someone giving a chance to try it & there goin in to start with oh this thing stinks & mines better attitude, well of course its obvious what the outcome is gonna be I don't think out of any machine out there period there is one best that can do it all & is better then anything else,because sites are different from.one to another it might work good in the east,stink in the west or vice versa, so hands on open mind only way to get the real deal info

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
F19 how much? Why would you want one instead of a Goldbug? Tell me what I'm missing, I have a GoldBugPro. I don't see anything that will improve upon what I have.

Well let's see, they've added a backlit display and something that is suppose to mimic Garrett's iron chirp I guess.

And several different colors available!

And looks like it includes the GoldBug 5x10 DD coil with the eleventeen foot cable that takes forever to wrap just like the one I have on my GoldBug.

With the GoldBugPro listing at $699, I'd say you're looking at $749.

As Dave said many years ago, as I understand it, deeper just isn't mathematically possible unless maybe you can improve the receiver.
Question and Answer Session with FT-Fisher Engineers David Johnson and John Gardiner

The opinions expressed are all my own, produced after three hours of running a chainsaw this morning.....

I live in upstate NY I am mostly a coin shooter looking for older stuff and I harvest any relics and rings I run in to. I know a gold bug is a good machine. The f19 appeals to me because its a bit different than the bug. Its the BOMB. They should have named it FBOMB. The f19 circuit is based on a RELIC hunting circuit, not a gold circuit. So its set up a bit different for handling iron and trashy spots I reckon. There is nothing the f19 will find that the bug cant find assuming same coil size and type. But the bug is apt to get a small nugget deeper and better than f19. The bug cant handle the iron trash too good I guess. Backlight is nice for me especially. You dont understand Garrett's iron chirp its not a chirp and if the f19 has anywhere near the iron ability of a pro, I would be happy. I want mine in deep purple with green/blue flames all over. But probably would have a black one too. I like long coil cable its conveniant to be able to jerry rig up some long crazy pole device so you can tect your friends ring that just fell of the boat dock after too many wobbly pops. It happens. If the f19 is not waterproof, that is good I would rather put my money into the chip. I say it comes in at US599 SRP should be a lot cheaper without all the waterproof crap.

Last edited:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Offer it shipped with or without phones, not to say fisher phones are bad. I dont want to spend money on something that will be hanging around anywhere but on my tectin noggin. Back in the old days we used to buy stereos and they did not come with headphones. We bought those separate. More than one phone socket? uhhhhgggg my wallet vomits on that thought. I like the cheap frame. Really. Keep the mechanicals and hmi lower end and light, which they did well. Its the circuit that we want to put our hard earned bread into, not waterproof or bullet proof. How much? Wheres the coils? Is this a joke? Fisher must really be having a ball with this one. Its almost coin shootin' time and my atpro is suddenly looking very heavy indeed. Somebody out there in Fisher land has to give somebody in marketing a swift kick in the nether regions and some other heads need to roll too. I reckon.
:violent1:

Last edited:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm just kidding. I love fisher and always have. Actually we broke up for a spell but now I think I'm over it. I hope all the coils look like footballs because if any of them look like a rotten carp skeleton on the beach, I aint buyin it. Not gonna do it. I dont care how good it is. And if its over 500 beans, not gonna buy it.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Some bombs and duds too....
bigbm.jpeg View attachment 973266 bm2.jpeg bomb.jpeg gfdgf.jpeg
dfgdgfg.jpeg

Attachments

• dug.jpeg
    dug.jpeg
    6.8 KB · Views: 777
Last edited:
OP
OP
Steve Herschbach

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Originally Posted by christo000
This it just went threw,my mind I saw you liked Daves word's single & multi freaker, but if this were those digger guys saying it they'd be bashed, when they got the same passion for the hobby & between the 2 of them came up with there own word's that they like & since they use those word's it carried with them onto there shows & vids so basically it just sounds weird to me its fine for one not for another. Honestly I don't mind if anyone has any word's they make up for what ever they do as long as there having fun with what there doin is all more power to them

I thought the same thing.

Wow, it was just a joke guys. I do not watch any of these shows so did not know this was an issue. And off topic to boot. Sorry.

Last edited:

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in upstate NY I am mostly a coin shooter looking for older stuff and I harvest any relics and rings I run in to. I know a gold bug is a good machine. The f19 appeals to me because its a bit different than the bug. Its the BOMB. They should have named it FBOMB. The f19 circuit is based on a RELIC hunting circuit, not a gold circuit. So its set up a bit different for handling iron and trashy spots I reckon. There is nothing the f19 will find that the bug cant find assuming same coil size and type. But the bug is apt to get a small nugget deeper and better than f19. The bug cant handle the iron trash too good I guess. Backlight is nice for me especially. You dont understand Garrett's iron chirp its not a chirp and if the f19 has anywhere near the iron ability of a pro, I would be happy. I want mine in deep purple with green/blue flames all over. But probably would have a black one too. I like long coil cable its conveniant to be able to jerry rig up some long crazy pole device so you can tect your friends ring that just fell of the boat dock after too many wobbly pops. It happens. If the f19 is not waterproof, that is good I would rather put my money into the chip. I say it comes in at US599 SRP should be a lot cheaper without all the waterproof crap.

Where did you get this info about it being based on a relic hunting circuit and not gold?

All I'm asking is what will this new F19 do that my GoldbugPRO won't do. Looks to me they added some software tweaks and called them "features". You still can't turn the volume down or change frequencies if you're hunting with others running the same detector....

Last edited:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I brought my atpro out to my secret hot spot the other day, at night of course. And got four wheatbacks. I like it a lot but its too frikin heavy. How much for f19? I wonder. I cant wait to get my hands on one of the stinkin things.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From their ad. It says its the best relic machine, ever. Its not a gold machine that's for sure.

Thanks

I saw where they added the FeIronTone thingy comes from their EurotekPro?

I have an F70 and a GoldbugPro. The boost mode added to the F19 would get my attention.

Then again, in Arkansas, the only gold I will see are coins and jewelry so I probably didnt need the GoldBugPro and dont need a F19. My latest want is to try a CZ3,5, or 6.

HH

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got it!

The took the GoldbugPro and added EurotekPro FeTone and then added the missing pinpointing in all metal! lol

Yes I have a Goldbugpro, no pinpointing while in all metal, just discrimination mode.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Pro, a friend has the GB. I'll have to test them sometime. He loves his, digging up stuff from areas he's hunted for years, never ground balances it, rubs around in discrimination mode all the time.

I was hoping for a F19 with a boost mode or whatever they call it. My F70 beats my Pro on gold; I got the Pro because I thought it would beat the F70 on gold.

But we'll have to see. I'm betting my F70 will dig ladies gold rings deeper than the F19.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Pro, a friend has the GB. I'll have to test them sometime. He loves his, digging up stuff from areas he's hunted for years, never ground balances it, rubs around in discrimination mode all the time.

I was hoping for a F19 with a boost mode or whatever they call it. My F70 beats my Pro on gold; I got the Pro because I thought it would beat the F70 on gold.

But we'll have to see. I'm betting my F70 will dig ladies gold rings deeper than the F19.
The F19 may do better a bit on very small gold due to the high freq? I think you are right about the depth being better on a gold ring with the F70 though. The GB I got may have been bunk, the airtests were much better with my F2, it seemed to max out around 7" in air, the F2 was closer to 9" in air. The volume was very low even at max and I just got nervous about it and sent it back. I love Fisher, but next time I would get the GB pro or F19 (now)

Last edited:

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True, at 19khz it should be better but the F70 13khz sure beats it on anything I have to test. Practically no native gold in Arkansas for me. It may be better on small gold like you said.

That's why others here myself included were hoping the F19 would include the boost thingie. Otherwise it's not an improvement over the Goldbug/Pro and sure won't beat those of us with F70/F75/T2 machines.

But we have to wait until June to see if there are proven reasons to buy one.

Last edited:

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey if its how u wanna be prepared is for disappointment well ok, me I'm probly not goin to listen to others & make up my own mind, because there will be a lot of biased opinions if theres someone giving a chance to try it & there goin in to start with oh this thing stinks & mines better attitude, well of course its obvious what the outcome is gonna be I don't think out of any machine out there period there is one best that can do it all & is better then anything else,because sites are different from.one to another it might work good in the east,stink in the west or vice versa, so hands on open mind only way to get the real deal info

In reading what was released to dealers today about the F19, you might as well keep your F75 and I'll keep my F70. Like Tesoro, looks like Fisher added a knob (button) and a new coat of paint and will charge more...

I'll wait and see if has the special sauce, but if it did, I would guess they'd be screaming from the hills about it.

"the best relic machine ever" it says in the advertisement?
lol

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just kidding. I love fisher and always have. Actually we broke up for a spell but now I think I'm over it. I hope all the coils look like footballs because if any of them look like a rotten carp skeleton on the beach, I aint buyin it. Not gonna do it. I dont care how good it is. And if its over 500 beans, not gonna buy it.

From what I've seen today, it comes in at $800.

I get tired of swinging my F70, I like the control housing of the Gamma, Goldbug machines, and a single 9V battery. But why wouldn't they put in the boost that makes the F70, and newer F75 and T2s the hottest machines for the price range? I just don't see anyone comparing a Goldbug and a F19 at $499 and $799 and paying $300 for the differences.

Maybe a 9v battery can't supply the boost feature and four AA batteries won't fit in the Goldbug housing?

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
From what I've seen today, it comes in at $800.

I get tired of swinging my F70, I like the control housing of the Gamma, Goldbug machines, and a single 9V battery. But why wouldn't they put in the boost that makes the F70, and newer F75 and T2s the hottest machines for the price range? I just don't see anyone comparing a Goldbug and a F19 at $499 and $799 and paying $300 for the differences.

Maybe a 9v battery can't supply the boost feature and four AA batteries won't fit in the Goldbug housing?
Looks very expensive and not something new. If somebody likes relikcs buy Tesoro Tejon and go hunting with 300 dollars in the pocket or 150$ in each pockets.
This all know established metal detectors producers will put them self in the corner one day with growing prices, prices should go a bit lower, because electronics get smaller and cheaper even if now we have inflation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread