New Fisher F-19 Metal Detector

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks very expensive and not something new. If somebody likes relikcs buy Tesoro Tejon and go hunting with 300 dollars in the pocket or 150$ in each pockets.
This all know established metal detectors producers will put them self in the corner one day with growing prices, prices should go a bit lower, because electronics get smaller and cheaper even if now we have inflation.

If you've been following the thread, you'll notice bleeding edge detectorists don't fall for companies charging you hundreds of dollars for adding a knob and slapping a different coat of paint on.

In tests I've noticed there's not much difference in depth between disc and all metal modes with the GBP. Maybe the F19 improved the all metal depth when they added the pinpoint feature they forgot on my GBP.....

Who knows, it might even approach the performance of my F70...

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Well you know the old adage. You cannot judge a book by its cover. Just because fisher used a tooled-up pod and stick dont matter much its the chip and coils that count.
But 8 beans? Really? Really?

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you know the old adage. You cannot judge a book by its cover. Just because fisher used a tooled-up pod and stick dont matter much its the chip and coils that count.
But 8 beans? Really? Really?

Fisher:"the best relic machine ever"

We'll see....

I hope it isn't a boat anchor relic marketing created. I'll assume woof! wasn't involved, his detectors were bleeding edge.

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well since i have seen and read about the F19 i guess i will just forget about it….Over priced just for what they added .. But a lot will like the face plate color and buy it for that….. LOL

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well since i have seen and read about the F19 i guess i will just forget about it….Over priced just for what they added .. But a lot will like the face plate color and buy it for that….. LOL

Agreed. Im not paying $800 for the pinpoint function they forgot on my GoldbugPro.

*if* F19 doesn't equal or better F75LTD/F70 depth, Fisher will have dropped a dud. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'm waiting to see what the competition comes out with next.

Maybe it will surprise us all and be able to match or exceed the performance of the F70/F75/T2/Goldbugs. First Texas will be healthier consolidating all of their different models into one platform.

Two months to go....

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like its not going to be a dud, even at 8 beans. They cant keep 'em in stock apparently. But I cant get one, too much cabbage for me.

weeping.jpg

Bryan V

Dec 13, 2009
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The added pinpoint mode in all metal is not worth the move up to the F19, but I will change out my gold Bug Pro for the
new F19 if the "Adjustable iron audio" does what I think it might.
If I can turn down the volume on iron targets when I use it in discriminate mode without actually turning up the discrimination I would be thrilled.
The notch system sounds more advanced than the gold bug pro too.

Digger70pa

Dec 29, 2012
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Fisher Teknetics Whites Garret detectors
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Will the GBpro & G2 coils work on this new detector? That would be the deciding factor for me.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll guess the coils will work. If they don't, that's a mistake they made.

My understanding the iron FeTone thingy is from the Eurotek Pro.

For $800, I'll have to think now the F19 will not replace the F75/T2. But being labeled "best relic machine ever" remains out there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Steve Herschbach

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like it does have the all metal mode so the F19 is likely going to replace my Gold Bug Pro.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 171

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like it does have the all metal mode so the F19 is likely going to replace my Gold Bug Pro.

Help me out, I don't see where the F19 all metal mode will be deeper than the all metal mode we already have in the GBP.

OP
OP
Steve Herschbach

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Help me out, I don't see where the F19 all metal mode will be deeper than the all metal mode we already have in the GBP.

I do not recall anyone saying it would. I do not expect the F19 to go any deeper in all metal mode than my Gold Bug Pro. That would be a bonus for me if true but I do not expect it. For my purposes it just needs to be as good as the Gold Bug Pro in all metal mode since that is my primary hunt mode. That way it can replace my Gold Bug Pro and not give up anything, yet gain some features that I personally might find useful.

Basically the F19 appears to be a Gold Bug Pro that comes stock with the 5" x 10" elliptical DD and a few additional features for a few extra bucks. If the extra features have no value to a person the Gold Bug Pro can still be had for less. Statements like "best relic machine ever" are just marketing fluff to be ignored.

The F19 is "Just Another Mid-Frequency Detector". No big deal, nothing to get excited about. People waiting for "The Next Big Thing" can go on waiting.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I want to go out on a limb here and bet the farm and say the f19 has almost nothing in common with the gold machines, circuit wise, and is a completely new relic or coin shooter thru and thru. Having f19 and gold bug in the same sentence or paragraph or topic is almost pointless.

Bryan V

Dec 13, 2009
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want to go out on a limb here and bet the farm and say the f19 has almost nothing in common with the gold machines, circuit wise, and is a completely new relic or coin shooter thru and thru. Having f19 and gold bug in the same sentence or paragraph or topic is almost pointless.

if I'm not mistaken I believe the Gold Bug Pro is already a popular relic detector, and I'm very happy with its performance as a coin detector even though I bought it for shooting nuggets.
I hope it's the same machine as the GBP with added adjustable iron audio and notch.
That will be enough for me to upgrade.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having the F75, I could see me buying one of these machines. The design, coil shape, constant ground conditions, manual and auto GB, and adjustable iron disc. Hey what more do you need? I think we are going to see more finds once these things get popular. I wont buy till I see a few depth test though, I already own the best relic machine ever lol.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Dave, farm is a bit too much. I always lose bets like that. But I would bet a case of Genny's for the hell of it. So do you know? what is it, is it a gold bug, or a woof in sheep's clothing?

sg.jpg

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have been researching detectors and had decided on a F 70. I civil war relic and hunt coins too. What do I do now ? Wait longer and see what this machine is going to be like ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions