White's TRX pinpointer
Garrett Pin Pointer

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
bubbadirect
I don`t know where you are, and i don`t usually respond if i don`t.
If your talking pull tabs and screw caps ...then i guess you are hunting parks and sites in town ?
I used to have the G2 and it drove me nuts in the high trash of a park....but in a high Iron area it shines.The 5"DD coil well help a lot in the parks as well .
Pull tabs and screw caps i found to be very hard to tell the difference with the G2....but the old crimp on Caps as you swing the coil pull the coil slowly to you and as the tip of the coil comes off the target the # drop off and you will get the Iron Grunt.
As for pull tabs i dig all i can find, the gold signals are in there....but i don`t hunt in town to much.
Take the GB Pro to an old foundation and pick through the Iron Great machine for that or Gold hunting ....not much gold you can find with a metal detector if any in N.Y.
Gary

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bubbadirect

Apr 29, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Detector(s) used
NOKTA Fors CoRe Pro Pack
Fisher Gold Bug Pro,
White's XLT Spectrum
White's TRX pinpointer
Garrett Pin Pointer
Thank you Gary! I am doing some coin shooting (hopefully older homesites and parks) but will mostly be doing CW relic hunting in KY.

So do the pull tabs still "get to you?" In other words, after using the G2, etc, did you learn to notice the difference in sound/VDI vs something that is worth a good dig? I'm just wondering if I will be able to decifer the differences? If that makes sense.

Thanks again,
bubbadirect

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread