Need help with my 1266 X Fisher detector. Got wet in the rain.

Roadquest

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2005
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, my nephew and I were out detecting in a large wooded area. We were about a quarter mile in. And it started raining hard. My 1266 X got wet. Now when I turn it on, it it just gives a loud screeching sound. I know it was damaged by the rain. Any ideas on what kind of damage was done. And how to fix it? Thanks

You should let it dry out for a few days to see if it will work in a couple of days time...I had one and put tape over the speaker to prevent water from getting inside...Actually I also had a rain cover that I purchased in the States somewhere and it was waterproof, but it wasn't made by Fisher. The tape would have probably have saved you from getting water inside...But hindsight is 20/20. Hope it works out for you and you have a great detector there. Good luck...

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do not use wd40 or any other oils in it.
Id call Fisher...

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1) When you get electronics wet don't turn them on.

2) this has worked for me with both cell phones, and my favorite camera. Get yourself a big bag of rice, big enough to put the whole control box in. totally bury the control box in rice, leave it for 3 or 4 days, and if it is not already ruined, this will dry it out, as I said it HAS WORKED FOR ME on the items I mentioned.

Ass Newfie hunter mentions hindsight is 20-20, so in the future I would always have a plastic bag when you go detecting, at least that will give you some rain protection.

GL.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread