All Treasure Hunting

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the F5 and F70. If you're going to spend Atpro money, get the F70. It'll blow the atpro and F5 away.

The F70 is too hot, but once you learn it, it's the deepest for the money.

OP
OP
TheCaribbeanDigger

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know Steve! But I'd like to test my luck doing some water detecting! But yes it 'could' be another option! I live in Puerto Rico my friend, and there are hundreds of miles of shore line! ;)

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I was diving and beach detecting, I'd get a waterproof pulse machine and dig everything.

Read around the beach and diving forums, you don't want an F5, F70, or ATPro.

Jmho

OP
OP
TheCaribbeanDigger

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm I see what u mean Steve. The thing is I still want a good versatile machine. I currently have a Fisher F2 and does pretty good at the beach including in the wet sand section. I use the 11"DD and 4" coils. They all work pretty good. Not the best but gets the job done. So basically I still have as best options:
F5
F60
ATP!

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a "beach and shallow water" forum here you could get a lot from.

My fundamental concern with the beach is to have a machine you can ground balance in salt water sand.

You'll see some units advertise "will ground balance all the way to salt".

May look at the GoldbugPro or ATGold. Read the beach forum, you don't want to spend money on something that doesnt do better than your F2 in salt. You can use the diving pulse detectors on dry land, they work great.

Maybe post your question in the beach forum.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If ur in out there where theres more beach then land, I'm not sure the choices you made would be best I mean will they do the job yes but if ur wanting to really hit the water the Atpro will work to a point to really get those nice targets without a dought u may want to just buy a couple aftermarket coils for ur f2 I know they do good & look into gettingva fully underwater dedicated detectors ull still be able to use it on the sand but it won't false out on ya,ull get crazy depth without having to lower the sensitivty so low that ur compromising depth & or having it unstable,

happycamper08

Sep 27, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tesoro sand shark and the garrett sea hunter are in that price range.

OP
OP
TheCaribbeanDigger

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it's funny how the thread took direction! What I really meant is that I would be occasionally hunting beaches. Well yes, I live in a tropic island with a lot of beaches to try my luck, but I do more relic and coin shooting! ( Hoping one day I find a chest full of spanish reales :) ) so that's why I have these 2 options (ATP, F5). In the next couple of months I'll be getting one of these. Let's see how it turns out!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always wanted to go to PR! If I had 100's of miles of salty wet sand beaches, I would look at used Excalibur's or CZ's if you want waterproof. Also, within you budget a used Safari, SE pro, or Sovereign GT will work great on salt beaches and inland, but are not waterproof.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheCaribbeanDigger

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still looking through a lot of md reviews but I have to say, the F75 is a monster! If it were water proof then I would just made up my mind already. I saw a lot of youtube vids of the ATP ,F70 and F75. F70 would off been nice if it had manual ground balance. I see that the ATP is really good but read that it is sort of old tech already and basically the F75 would be to me the perfect choice! Great depth, gb capabilities and sensitive to small gold too. I'm really now thinking of getting an F75! Unless there's an upgrade on the ATP Mk II? Jejeje just thinking. Keep coming the comments and opinions!

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
F70 is hotter and cheaper than F75...

Fisher screwed up imho.

But you're budget keeps increasing from where you started this thread, you might as well buy a $5k Minelab.

HH

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still looking through a lot of md reviews but I have to say, the F75 is a monster! If it were water proof then I would just made up my mind already. I saw a lot of youtube vids of the ATP ,F70 and F75. F70 would off been nice if it had manual ground balance. I see that the ATP is really good but read that it is sort of old tech already and basically the F75 would be to me the perfect choice! Great depth, gb capabilities and sensitive to small gold too. I'm really now thinking of getting an F75! Unless there's an upgrade on the ATP Mk II? Jejeje just thinking. Keep coming the comments and opinions!

Agreed the f75 is a great machine I'm using the f75ltd with boost & cache modes ill tell ya what honestly I've had many machines in comparison of ur choices & other Atpro,705,v3i,deus xp,& f75ltd these were the most recent machinez I've used the ltd is proving itself to be a power house getting targets that I know I went over with the other machines its very well balanced & extremely deep, has quite a bit of options but not to over whelming its a really good machine the ltd if ur looking & ur starti.g to think a f75 I highly suggest mayb even a used ltd it is worth it

OP
OP
TheCaribbeanDigger

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny Steve! Yes I started with less budget but slowly I have been increasing my budget. Selling some old stuff hanging around and well, mo' money now! But yes, the F75 is an impressive machine with impressive depth Christo000! In reality, I know there's no "The Best" Metal Detector out there, but I want a great working MD. Preferably Fisher or Garrett. That's all!

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny Steve! Yes I started with less budget but slowly I have been increasing my budget. Selling some old stuff hanging around and well, mo' money now! But yes, the F75 is an impressive machine with impressive depth Christo000! In reality, I know there's no "The Best" Metal Detector out there, but I want a great working MD. Preferably Fisher or Garrett. That's all!

I'd get you a cz3 or older cz5,6 models. They are Fisher multifreq machines that will beat any singlefreq display machine. You'll never need another detector imho.

And dig everything, I'm guessing you are going over places that have already been detected many times over if you're looking for the good stuff.

Last edited:

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey people! I'm thinking of upgrading and I have these top 2 alternatives to choose from. First there is the Garrett AT Pro and second I just love the F5! Of course for $100$ More I could get the AT Pro which is fully submersible. BUT, I just love the F5!!! Feel free to post any comments people!!

Good luck with your ATPro...

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get the at pro. It is a slower recovery speed but it does not miss much and has good discrimination. Plus you can get the dang thing wet or hunt a creek.

OP
OP
TheCaribbeanDigger

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well look what I got as a very VERY early christmas gift!

Attachments

• image-3646381531.jpg
    image-3646381531.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 79
OP
OP
TheCaribbeanDigger

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, how many inches did you gain over the F2? I may get me one.

Well Still haven't gone on a real hunt but used on a local beach. I tell u this! Found a freakin dime in the wet part of the sand a little over 8 inches! Rang loud and clear!! Though with my trusty F2 I have found nickels and pennies in the wet sand at 5-6 inches. Little chattery but still digable signals using the 11" DD coil. The thing that really impresses me is the importance of having a MD with GB!! For now I only have like 2-3 hours of experience using it! Still crawling at this stage :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions