CZ-6 questions...

mwfisherman77

Apr 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been trying to adjust to my cz6 from a Tesoro. And the cz is so deep but it loves nails way too much I got frustrated the other day and thought a target was just another nail (all my deep nails ring up strong as silver and are generally repeatable from every angle) and I sped up the recovery time and used my digger to try to find the nail and it turned out to be a 45 Walker half and I knicked it with my digger. Lesson learned never speed up the recovery and expect a nail when it hits silver although it almost always is lol! . Anyone have any advice for determining it is indeed a nail?

Also does anybody know where I can get a mounting clip for the rod to connect the head unit to the rod mine is broken I have to hip mount mine which is great but I would like to have the option of for quick hunts being able to leave it on the rod so I don't have to worry about putting it through a belt and etc...

Thank you everyone for all the help!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the CZ6a and Fisher sells a neck mount for us. Fisher doesn't list it as an accessory, but a phone call will get you one. I forget the cost, but its worth it.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a first Texas product
....nice...

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a CZ5 for close to 20 years which was a Fisher Labs product before it was bought out by First Texas.....It is deep as you said but I don't have problems with deep iron. I sweep from different angles and if it disappears, then it will probably be a nail. You can also try walking around the target and for some reason that seems to work in telling the difference between a deep nail and a silver coin. If you are still uncertain, turn the discrimination back and if you hear the iron grunt, then you will have your answer. A coin will give you a high pitch response in all directions. Hope this helps. I don't understand how people say it loves deep iron....Never had that problem. Just practice until you know your machine. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread