Feb 14, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I were to get a used f75 (standard) what is the average depth you owners get with it? I'm just upset at the depth of the AT pro. I want something deeper and I know the f75 is supposed to be a "depth demon". So what's the deepest coin you've pulled with a f75?

Sent from my expensive phone I really don't need

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the older gold handled F75. Even the small round coil will hit 10" inches. I usually run my setting very low on the F75 and can easily get 8" inches. The F75 has to have some very clean dirt to run wide open. In highly mineralized soil I get .22 casings at 10" in creek beds. There is a Stat mode for deep larger than quarter sized objects as well. You can also track ground that has been dug before or burned. You have a threshold option where you can tune the sound to your ear, so you can hear more targets. I dont think your going to dig that much deeper with the F75 as you will see a lot of stuff you may have been missing from before. While I have registered targets at 16 inches with the F75, I have rarely dug any of them. Your going to find smaller deeper targets with the F75. I get a lot of buttons. This is a very short list of pluses, but dont get rid of that ATP just yet.

OP
OP
D

detectingpro

Feb 14, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've already posted it on another classified forum. The AT pro is not for me. It seems just because I'm not clicking with it, I've disrespected the whole forum! I'm liking the sound of the F75, I have a f2, and it has no problems in EMI but I know I'll get some chatter with the f75, I'm not really worried about it. I'll learn it. Maybe it'll actually do what they say it will. Why do you think I should hang on to the at?

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The T2 may be a better option as I fight with myself do I get the new T2 or a new F75 with boost mode.

Why keep the ATP? I was on a hunt the other day with several T2's and F75's. Only guy to find a coin(s) was the guy with the ATP. Now I must admit he picked better locations to hunt, and he never sat down once while he was there. He was a hunting machine. The ATP guys are a bunch of girls when it comes to their machines. Tell em their hair looks nice or something. Lol. Dont let em ride ya too hard, there are forums just for the F75 and T2 guys. But this is my forum, I have tried the rest, they suck period.

The F75 is very sensitive and I run mine noisy, some folks cant get used to that. While you can run it quiet, you have sooo many options with the F75 I dont understand why anyone would just limit themselves to one machine. I have over 500 settings to begine with, so tuning is a fine hair, but worth the learning curve. I personally think the sound of a ATP is horrible, I have to mute the videos when I watch them. But I have many friends who own the ATP and they make great finds.

Its what YOU want. Dont settle for the ltd, get the le or se if you can afford it. Mine has paid for itself many times over.

You can download and read the F75 manual to get a feel for what you are missing. I hunt with guys who mostly hunt with the T2 or F75, I know what these machines do. Your ATP has a place also, as a back up or a loaner. Or a wet hunt, or you can shower with it too lol. But the atp has good iron discrimination that makes it hunt like it does. Garret has a good customer support also, and I hear you will need to use it as over half the machines fail at some point.

Still if you have a atp that works, I would keep it. I own garret products and very happy with them.

Hookedondetecting

Jul 18, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro COMPADRE and Mohave
ORX and Deus II
Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a newbie on the F75 limited SE. Used is two week ends. I hunted the front lawn of my grandma's 1870 farm house that was previously hunted with a ace 350 and Whites coin master. I found several pennies that were missed and targeted some items 16" deep. At that depth not excited about digging up grandma's lawn to go that deep. We did excavate 12 " on one hole And found several items including a trigger that looks like it is from a toy gun.
If you read the manual, it says, the depth reading is calibrated on coin sized objects. So a smaller object will read deeper than it is.

Hookedondetecting

Jul 18, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
ORX and Deus II
Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know why but it looks like 1950 stuff is 10 to 12" down. Where is the 1870 stuff? That was one key reason for getting the F75.

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the F75 se for the last 1.5 years.... was my 1st machine ever.

My deepest coin was 14-15 inches canadian 5 cent fishscale silver...very smale coin.

The machine is so sensitive you need to wear your pinpointer behind your back on your belt. / no snaps or zippers on your pant legs.

Pople claim it is a noisy machine.... and it is not if it used properly.

Cousin D has one also..he willl wear steal shanked boats / carry pinpinter on front of belt / swing the shovel by his side etc...........the noise drives me nuts. I have told him over and over but he won,t listen...you will miss those deep targets.

The machine is only as good as the user somnetimes.

DISCRIM MODE... i haven,t been able to master that one...the beeps drive me insane.

I hunt ony in all metal...all metal is deeper also.

Hookedondetecting

Jul 18, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
ORX and Deus II
Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really took a liking to All Metal, Motion mode too. Just wish it had high and low pitch to separate sound for better targets.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Casca covered it pretty well. I have been very pleased at finding dimes and quarters at 10", nickels at 9". It is a busy machine and you should start at a low sensitivity. As you get to know it's quirks turn up the sensitivity . . . but at any time you may need to tone it down. Even a Maserati has to come down off red-line occasionally; and it handles better when it does. ;-)

I like to leave masks and notches off with little discrimination and listen and watch the display to determine trash from good targets.

shadowulf

Apr 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've already posted it on another classified forum. The AT pro is not for me. It seems just because I'm not clicking with it, I've disrespected the whole forum! I'm liking the sound of the F75, I have a f2, and it has no problems in EMI but I know I'll get some chatter with the f75, I'm not really worried about it. I'll learn it. Maybe it'll actually do what they say it will. Why do you think I should hang on to the at?

I couldn't find any love for the ATs either.

I have an F70 and I'm very happy with it. The F75se is easier to tweak the setting than the F70, and more choices in how to use it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread