Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I talked with Gene today. He first apologized for my bad start with his company. He made no excuses and assured me that my experience was not typical, and that is not how he and his team usually operate. He said that he would make sure that this would never happen again. That any changes would be made quickly. He listened to my concerns and addressed them. He was truly interested in solving my problem.He offered to go above and beyond to solve this problem. If all goes well, I would be more than happy to try their company again. Thanks Gene!

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He made no excuses and assured me that my experience was not typical, and that is not how he and his team usually operate.
WAY too many bad reviews to be believed.

Hope at least you get taken care of. Good luck, you're gunna need it!

OP
OP
mikeraydj

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope so too Fella. It looks like you could start your own company with all of the detectors on your resume.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talked with Gene today. He first apologized for my bad start with his company. He made no excuses and assured me that my experience was not typical, and that is not how he and his team usually operate. He said that he would make sure that this would never happen again. That any changes would be made quickly. He listened to my concerns and addressed them. He was truly interested in solving my problem.He offered to go above and beyond to solve this problem. If all goes well, I would be more than happy to try their company again. Thanks Gene!
Sounds to me like Gene found the source of the problem and corrected it.....

I go to Kellyco often, I also work on their phone system, I know the volume of calls they take, they easily ship 600-1000 packages a month. the number of complaints compared to the total items sold is extremely low...

You usually only hear about complaints, most don't post on the sells with no issues...

Their BBB rating is A+

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

OP
OP
mikeraydj

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I must tell you that even though I had a rocky start with Kellyco, Gene made sure to fix any problem I had. He sent me a new detector, which was good enough in itself. But he also upgraded the coil to a DD in case it was a mineralization problem, and gave me a Vulcan pinpointer. He didn't charge me a dime and paid for the shipping for my old detector and the new one. He didn't have to do that, but I believe he sincerely wanted me to know that Kellyco is a good company and stands behind their customers. Thanks Gene !

gfmucci

Jun 19, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
BH in 70's; new to Whites MX5 in July 2014
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ahhh, the power of the internet.:occasion14:

OP
OP
mikeraydj

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now more on the continuing saga, I was sitting at home today when the Fed Ex truck shows up at my door. I said to myself "wait a minute, I didn't order anything, maybe it is for the wife and she forgot to tell me". I brought the package inside and looked at the label. It was addressed to me. I open the box and it is another brand new Fisher F2 with the 2 coil package. Now I am hit with a dilemma. I know that anything shipped to me that I did not order is my property and can be considered as a gift, according to the Federal Trade Commission. Yippee, I can sell 2 machines now to get the one I really want! The conscience kicks in. Wait Gene at Kellyco treated you right even though it started badly. Conscience I hate you! But I am in reach of the F5! [emoji95] I now have to contact Gene so I can send his detector back. When it comes down to it I will always try do do right by others who treat me right, and some that don't. Stupid conscience.

Last edited by a moderator:

madforclad

May 7, 2014
Hunting previously pounded sites
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab X Terra 705, Garrett AT Pro with 5" x 8" coil, Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, RTG 710 Scoop.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now more on the continuing saga, I was sitting at home today when the Fed Ex truck shows up at my door. I said to myself "wait a minute, I didn't order anything, maybe it is for the wife and she forgot to tell me". I brought the package inside and looked at the label. It was addressed to me. I open the box and it is another brand new Fisher F2 with the 2 coil package. Now I am hit with a dilemma. I know that anything shipped to me that I did not order is my property and can be considered as a gift, according to the Federal Trade Commission. Yippee, I can sell 2 machines now to get the one I really want! The conscience kicks in. Wait Gene at Kellyco treated you right even though it started badly. Conscience I hate you! But I am in reach of the F5! Sh*t! I now have to contact Gene so I can send his detector back. When it comes down to it I will always try do do right by others who treat me right, and some that don't. Stupid conscience.

Karma is a ***** though...it's better to do the right thing.

OP
OP
mikeraydj

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea, but disappointed that I had to go through all the mental gymnastics to realize that. The world can wear you down.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Karma is real...I have seen proof time and again.
I returned a full purse to someone that left it on the ground in a park...she didn't even know she lost it when I contacted her daughter sitting next to her using her own phone.
Not long after I found a gold ring.

I returned a really large gold class ring to a total idiot that was worth $400 melt at the time, not a great experience but a few hunts later I found 2 other gold rings I could keep.

All my life I have been nice to people, even strangers when possible, and in times of need miraculously I have had strangers help me out.

Returning this mistake will make you feel good, and soon the universe will probably reward you for the hassle and effort.

Most people will do the right thing if given the chance, those are the types that have become good friends, I tend to avoid contact with the other kind when possible and I have lived a relatively stress free and happy life because I have.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just contacted Gene he should reply shortly.

why did you wait 18 days to say you haven't heard back?

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Just so you know- I'm Still Scrolling Down the Thread.

Maybe He Waited 18 days Cause he did not want to seem 'Pushy'

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just so you know- I'm Still Scrolling Down the Thread.

Maybe He Waited 18 days Cause he did not want to seem 'Pushy'
[emoji780]

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, but disappointed that I had to go through all the mental gymnastics to realize that. The world can wear you down.

I first wanted to say , It was good to see Kellyco did you right.
and before I read this , I was thinking if it were me (With my Anxiety & OCD "Worry" that all this likely took a year off my life. )
So Id Keep the new Machine ( in good Shape for a while at-least) and if no body says something within a month or two.
It would be mine.
Karma Goes both Ways
It's up to you tho.
Good Luck
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Karma is real...I have seen proof time and again.
I returned a full purse to someone that left it on the ground in a park...she didn't even know she lost it when I contacted her daughter sitting next to her using her own phone.
Not long after I found a gold ring.

I returned a really large gold class ring to a total idiot that was worth $400 melt at the time, not a great experience but a few hunts later I found 2 other gold rings I could keep.

All my life I have been nice to people, even strangers when possible, and in times of need miraculously I have had strangers help me out.

Returning this mistake will make you feel good, and soon the universe will probably reward you for the hassle and effort.

Most people will do the right thing if given the chance, those are the types that have become good friends, I tend to avoid contact with the other kind when possible and I have lived a relatively stress free and happy life because I have.

He's also right , as i said it's up to you.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was obviously shipped in error, keeping it should never enter into the equation...

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your Correct , Guess I,m in one of those 'Moods " this Morning.

Davers

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions