CZ21 goes into pinpoint mode on its own.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My CZ21 started randomly jumping into pinpoint mode today. I would have to tap the button 3 or 4 times to get it out...sometimes it wouldn't come out and I would have to turn the detector off to get it to come out. Sometimes it would jump immediately back in, 2 or 3 times in a row. Other times I could hunt 45 minutes to an hour before it acted up. I never used the pinpoint button after it started doing that. It ran the last hour with no problems and when I was done I tried the pinpoint button and it worked perfect every time, over and over. Anyone else had problems with their pin point on the CZ21?

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive seen alot of switches go bad ive taken them apart and fixed them when they fail and sometimes i just grease them and them come back to life hope its just that for you it would be a cheap fix

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
CZ21 is a piezoelectronic switch, no mechanical moving parts.

Possibilities include:

1. flaky switch (I haven't heard of them failing before, but it's still a possibility).

2. something gone wrong (for example intermittent connection) in the circuitry associated with the switch.

3. electrical interference (for example from a nearby military radar installation).

If it fixes itself, problem solved. If the problem continues to crop up, esp. if in more than one location, it probably needs a trip back to the factory.

--Dave J.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF I WORK IN THE WAVES - HAVE HAD WATER HIT IT HARD AND GO ON - OTHER THAN THAT - I NEVER USE MINE EVER - I THINK ITS A WASTE OF TIME - I CAN PIN POINT WITH OUT IT - I WISH THEY WOULD MAKE THAT BUTTON AN ALL METAL TO ZERO ID SWITCH - SO YOU CAN HUNT IN ALL METAL - PUSH IT TO CHECK EACH TARGET IN TONE MODE INSTEAD OF CLICKING OVER TO CHECK - THAT I WOULD USE
I USE RTG SCOOP - AND GET MY TARGETS ON THE FIRST SCOOP EVERYTIME - WITHOUT USING THE PIN POINT - UNLESS REALLY FAINT AND DOWN OVER A FOOT - THEN IT TAKES A FEW SCOOPS
HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT FOR YOU

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF I WORK IN THE WAVES - HAVE HAD WATER HIT IT HARD AND GO ON - OTHER THAN THAT - I NEVER USE MINE EVER - I THINK ITS A WASTE OF TIME - I CAN PIN POINT WITH OUT IT - I WISH THEY WOULD MAKE THAT BUTTON AN ALL METAL TO ZERO ID SWITCH - SO YOU CAN HUNT IN ALL METAL - PUSH IT TO CHECK EACH TARGET IN TONE MODE INSTEAD OF CLICKING OVER TO CHECK - THAT I WOULD USE I USE RTG SCOOP - AND GET MY TARGETS ON THE FIRST SCOOP EVERYTIME - WITHOUT USING THE PIN POINT - UNLESS REALLY FAINT AND DOWN OVER A FOOT - THEN IT TAKES A FEW SCOOPS HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT FOR YOU

That would be a great setup to be able to check targets with the push of a button while hunting in AM without having to turn a knob.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread