Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In the past three days I have found a ring each day. Today day#4 I found a silver chain with 3 silver rings , a small silver pendant, and a clad earring. I also found a clad ring missing the stone.

WP_20140726_001.jpg WP_20140726_002.jpg WP_20140726_004.jpg

That silver hit like a 50 cent piece. Lovin' the F5!

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bling digs

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Bang up job!
A friend once found a 14k chain with an 18k ring next to a soccer field.
Set your sites on that.
Should be easy for you, you have experience at this stuff now.

OP
OP
mikeraydj

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Digger I am a babe compared to you but I am grateful for your encouragement as well as all others here. It has really opened up a whole new world to me. I hope that I can be a good detectorist that represents our hobby in a good way, and is open to more knowledge and new adventures. And I hope that when the time comes that I may be able to pass the lessons you taught me down to the next new guy. I see it is the thrill of the next find, not what is in your pocket. Gotta love this hobby!

madforclad

May 7, 2014
Hunting previously pounded sites
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab X Terra 705, Garrett AT Pro with 5" x 8" coil, Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, RTG 710 Scoop.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the past three days I have found a ring each day. Today day#4 I found a silver chain with 3 silver rings , a small silver pendant, and a clad earring. I also found a clad ring missing the stone.

View attachment 1028566 View attachment 1028568 View attachment 1028569

That silver hit like a 50 cent piece. Lovin' the F5!

Congratulations!

Just curious, are you in an area where there is no one else detecting, or very lttle competition? Unfortunately for some of us, myself included, these kind of days(4 ring) are just pleasant memories as the increase in popularity of the hobby has resulted in a substantial reduction in producing areas. For example I have to drive at least 2 hours away from my home now to find any sites that even hold a slight possibility of good targets.

OP
OP
mikeraydj

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in a town of about 40,000. We have about six parks, schools, a Fairgrounds, and a couple of ponds. I have only seen 1 detectorist since I have started. He told me there is another guy who has been hitting this town the past 30 years. So not sure how many here. I think that I may be the most active detector here. I also think I have maybe hit some places they haven't thought of or haven't hit yet. We have a state college and pretty active population. So I think some of the finds replenish themselves. I have been doing this for only 4 months so this could all dry up pretty quick. Am already seeing some of my sites not as productive as when I first started. So I have tried new places. The high school soccer field was what gave up the chain and three rings. Outside the fence at the high school baseball park gave up the gold and pearl ring. I have a lot more land to cover there. I don't want to be there everyday as they might run me off. I hit that early morning weekends.

OP
OP
mikeraydj

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Digger I found the rings on the sidelines at the local soccer field. Lol.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score...what do you mean by clad earring and clad ring? Never head that term before.

OP
OP
mikeraydj

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The one ring that is missing a stone and the earring are made of worthless metals. The other rings are silver along with the chain.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds, Mike.:hello2:

Keep it going.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread