Best Settings For Gold Prospecting - Fisher Gold Bug Pro

Quinian

Jul 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

I was happy to receive my Fisher Gold Bug Pro in the post today. :metaldetector: I purchased this detector soley because of it's high ratings in regards to gold prospecting. :goldpan:

Can anyone recommend me the best settings for detecting just gold? :find: I.e. Set up: "Gain", "Ground Balance", "Disk Level", "Disk Mode", "Threshold" "GG Pin-Point" etc.

Please note:- I am new to these arts. :dontknow:

Thank you, :thumbsup::

Rian

OP
OP
Q

Quinian

Jul 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks woof!

kengold

Greenie
Aug 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hope nobody minds me posting this twice but I think I posted under the wrong Thread. I have just joined the forum and am enjoying reading all the excellent advice especially about goldbugs. One thing I do not understand fully is the advice given to run the Goldbug pro with the gain at 11 o'clock position. I experimented with a tiny gold flake using the gain at full setting-ie about 6.30pm but the threshold just sounding and the flake came through much louder at full gain. What is the advantage of running at 11 o'clock position Which the owners manual also advises to start off with)? Any advice much appreciated.

deliveryboy

Greenie
Jul 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope nobody minds me posting this twice but I think I posted under the wrong Thread. I have just joined the forum and am enjoying reading all the excellent advice especially about goldbugs. One thing I do not understand fully is the advice given to run the Goldbug pro with the gain at 11 o'clock position. I experimented with a tiny gold flake using the gain at full setting-ie about 6.30pm but the threshold just sounding and the flake came through much louder at full gain. What is the advantage of running at 11 o'clock position Which the owners manual also advises to start off with)? Any advice much appreciated.

I start by ground balancing it at 11 or 12 oclock then turn it up as high as possible without interference or chatter in discriminate mode usually can run it at 100. I think they just suggest it as a starting point. Also for beginners to not get overwhelmed with ground noises.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I have that book and it is very good reading and has a lot of information ..:thumbsup:

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have not found any gold prospecting, but whatever the gold you find, expect the lower conductivity id numbers.
Gold should be found from id40-up to heavy gold items, like coins , which could be up way there, depending on the size
of your object......
...so, basically, dig every signal in gold country...!!
...and yes, even the very small, quiet signals...it could be GOLD!
Be patient, and you'll be rewarded!
GL and HH!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the field you start with the gain lower as the higher the gain the more mineralization is picked up and the less stable the threshold. You can increase it based on the mineralization and your experience understanding the sounds the threshold is making. It takes a while to hear past the chatter and variance in the threshold at higher settings in comparison to target signals. Lower gain settings actually give a better target response when in mineralized areas. Bench tests mean nothing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread