A Question ..on 1266x

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm in the process of fixing my old 1266x (Battery Compartment issue)
& I can not seem to find the Owners Manual 'if I ever had one'

So my ? is How Do you Ground Balance The Machine?
I got it used and only used it a few times before ( the Meltdown).
So I can not recall How to GB it.

I have A Tejon , That is similar in Operation.
Is the GB Similar As Well.

Thanks

Davers:thumbsup:

1266x does not have a ground balance to adjust..Its preset,would be a great mod though as they are real chatty and i always felt it was because its such a hot machine with a preset Ground balance,,,S.T

Last edited:
OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posting pictures of my issue with the 1266X battery compartment. Relic Pictures 2013-2014 135.jpg
This picture shows the back cover of the battery compartment. The next picture should be the inside of that piece. Relic Pictures 2013-2014 137.jpg Relic Pictures 2013-2014 136.jpg
The third picture shows where the back cover would screw on holding the batteries. Relic Pictures 2013-2014 140.jpg Relic Pictures 2013-2014 138.jpg Relic Pictures 2013-2014 139.jpg
These last few pictures show how the connectors (for the battery packs) have become corroded and the wires have come loose with a red wire hooking to one side and the black and white wires are connect to the other side.
Now it seems the white wire has come unconnected from down inside the compartment. FUN FUN FUN! Just another thing to have to fix/worry about.

BC1969
I hope all this helps in some way and good luck fixing your 1265X.
Take it easy happy hunting.
Davers

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Davers, I found a guy that has those battery compartments, I dropped my 65 off a week ago, here's to hoping he finds them, buried in 40+ years of detector stuff in his shop. I'll call and ask if he has 66 parts to, I'm sure he does.

BigCountry

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1266x does not have a ground balance to adjust..Its preset,would be a great mod though as they are real chatty and i always felt it was because its such a hot machine with a preset Ground balance,,,S.T

I Thought , I remembered doing some sort of Ground balance with the machine;
but only used it for a year or so before the connector broke and it melted down ' the end of one battery pack and one side of the nylon screw in piece'...Oh guess your saying it's "non Adjustable " Daaa
Thanks for the info.

Davers

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey davers, I found a guy with a bunch of battery doors/compartments laying around, when he digs em out I'll pickup a 1266 one or two for you and send them to you, I know I plan on buying everything he has for the 1265's lol.

Mike

Cool Man..
Just let me know the Price.

It seems that I, missed Quite a few posts before I put up the pics yesterday.

Got a wild hair & got the wife to help me transfer 2+ years of pics from my camera / phone to the lap top, then took the pics
of the machine cause I been meaning to for a while now.

Hope this fella helps you.
&
I def, appreciate you thinking about me. Like I said if he has a compartment for the 1266x 'just let me know the price'

GL
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread