How to tell the difference on cz3ds

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
How to tell the difference on cz3d's

Hi so I just bought what I hope is a 1021 Los banos, cz3d. in looking at the serial sticker is there a way to tell for certain the unit was made at Los banos versus the ones made by First Texas products ? I have not picked it up yet, and only picture of the bottom says a 1021 serial with fisher research labs.
I've never seen in person, any newer fishers up close compared to my ancient 1265x which has a gold sticker that has the serial and other info.
I'm also confused about I read some cz3d's are analog and some are digital ? how will I know ?
reason I ask is because I plan on sending it to NASA Tom.. :notworthy: to tune/calibrate it, and he only tunes the analog units.

I can link to the auction that's closed now if needed so y'all can see the pics.
Thanks

Mike

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a white decal on bottom of housing....it will have seial number on it. Yours should start with 1021.... I have never heard of a digital cz. Digital machines usely have touchpads, pushbuttons and digital screens. Analog machines consist of knobs, flip switches and needle meters.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Analog, which is not a bad thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread