F75 upgrades

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got about 30 minutes today between all of the rain. Still not enough time to give a good review. But I set the detector at discrimination 15 and I set the sensitivity at 65 and it was quiet as can be. When it locked onto a target it was loud and clear very clear no crackling at all. I'm used to using an AT PRO that is very noisy in prozero mode. My first target with a new Fisher was a nickel at approximately 5 inches. More reviews to come.

Hookedondetecting

Jul 18, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro COMPADRE and Mohave
ORX and Deus II
Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out about a half hour after lunch hour and went to a park I am familiar with. In 9.0 process and resetting the machine I had no EMI at the default 80 sensitivity.
I tried most settings an walked around a bit looking for targets. Found a low number target that was an aluminum bottle cap. No real high conductivity targets but I have been there three times before. One of my main goals was to verify EMI was not an issue. At home FA process had heavy EMI. Found a small button like object in a total lot that is aluminum.
That was it for today. In the 20 degrees and snow on the ground.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got back from detecting a house in Southern Oregon... Please note the heavy electrical wires in front of the house I detected. I have only used the new Fisher F75 SE with all of the upgrades for a total of approx 2 hours. Dodging the Oregon rain. I had the detector set at DE, Discrim at 15, Sense at 65... this detector is like a Cadillac to a Datsun... sorry Datsun/AT PRO... yes I have one of these too... There was no EMI (very quite) even with this heavy electrical wire above me... I found all of these items today 11-22-2014 (except for 10 coins I found the day before)... more reviews to come... (1) wheat... 1 old Pocket watch bezel & winder... 1 Sterling wedding band...
Gary from Oregon

Medford house.jpg Silver wedding band 2014.jpg silver wedding band 2.jpg medford finds 2014.jpg medford finds 2  2014.jpg

OP
OP
Metal Detecting Stuff

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got back from detecting a house in Southern Oregon... Please note the heavy electrical wires in front of the house I detected. I have only used the new Fisher F75 SE with all of the upgrades for a total of approx 2 hours. Dodging the Oregon rain. I had the detector set at DE, Discrim at 15, Sense at 65... this detector is like a Cadillac to a Datsun... sorry Datsun/AT PRO... yes I have one of these too... There was no EMI (very quite) even with this heavy electrical wire above me... I found all of these items today 11-22-2014 (except for 10 coins I found the day before)... more reviews to come... (1) wheat... 1 old Pocket watch bezel & winder... 1 Sterling wedding band...
Gary from Oregon

View attachment 1082954 View attachment 1082955 View attachment 1082956 View attachment 1082957 View attachment 1082958

You are off to a good start!

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My 2007 F75se (original) is boxed up and ready to go. I found a split o-ring around the display head when I was cleaning it up and disassembling for shipment. Hopefully routine gasket replacement is part of the upgrade.

Still seems to be a little crazy putting $309 into a $949 detector that is almost eight years old - but if was smart I'd already be rich.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Package away! Never did get my home e-mail to accept the FedEx prepaid label even though I thought I had "dropped my pants" for all pop-ups, and I had to contact FirstTexas and have them send the label info my work e-mail.

Eager to see how a great detector can be improved!

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm in the same position Charlie P... no issue with spending the money, but cautious about the end result. If I was an urban hunter and experienced a lot of EMI there would be no question but to do it. But, in prospecting scenarios my original F75 is completely stable / quiet and deepseeking. Hmmm... I hope you'll post your impressions despite that you may not be able to get outside with it. All the best...

Jim.

cobill

Jul 24, 2007
Laporte, CO
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 6000 and 5000, EQ-800, AQ Limited, GBII, AT PRO, Keene 3" 2 1/2" ,2" and Dahlke 4" dredge.
Here's the latest from another forum:
"Well according to the tracking number, my f75 ltd se2 reached first texas on 1-7. On 1-8 i get a phone call from juan saying all 11-14-14's are being recalled(not his words but what I would gather) and mine was updated to the 12-14-14 and being sent back to me. I asked him if mine was fixed and he said you had the "mama bug" and that I was updated and should be fixed. I asked if I will have an increase in depth and he said bluntly , yes."

Bill

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What exactly is the "mama bug?" The Mother of all Bugs?

Yikes. Mine is there now (they received it 1/07 as well by tremendous coincidence!). No call for me, but then mine was a 2007 model with early programming.

I hope they have this critter contained!

Jan 9, 2015
Scotland
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No they don't, if you are international they will only ship one way. I just forked out ÂŁ100 ($161) incuding insurance to send to El Paso.

I am interested in hearing how you get on, as the upgrade sounds interesting. My worry is sending it to America, a no doybt unfounded worry, but..... It's my baby, and its never been away from home before.:unhappysmiley:

adespin

Greenie
Nov 2, 2014
Llanelli, Wales.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Fisher F4, C Scope Promet 2, C Scope 1220B.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am interested in hearing how you get on, as the upgrade sounds interesting. My worry is sending it to America, a no doybt unfounded worry, but..... It's my baby, and its never been away from home before.:unhappysmiley:

I'm also in the UK. It was straight forward to send with no problems, three days to get there with UPS, four days at the factory and two days return with Fedex, tracked all the way. I was one of the first to send and have a 11-14-14 serial number, some people in America have had problems with that serial number upgade and have returned them, as my machine was only two weeks old when i sent it i had no depth figures to compare with when it returned, all i can say is it's very quiet with no chatter, depth in air 9.0 Boost Process on a pound coin is 14.5", surprisingly it's deeper at 16" in cache mode and that applies to all types of coins. It does seem to have the mama bug but that doesn't affect pinpointing, just sounds a bit odd. So do i regret sending it, NO, but i can understand your concern about sending it what seems like half way around the world. Bite the bullet, it will be worth it.

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fired up my F75 SE with DST upgrade and immediately thought I was having issues. I looked at my settings and it turns out that the upgrade bubbas left my machine in the all metal mode. Shut it off, did a factory reset and it was at 9.0 in the dE discrim mode like it should be. Just a heads up to anyone waiting on their F75. Gonna give it a field test tomorrow.

skarmajunga

Feb 25, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Fisher F75
XP Deus
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher CZ7A Pro
Fired up my F75 SE with DST upgrade and immediately thought I was having issues. I looked at my settings and it turns out that the upgrade bubbas left my machine in the all metal mode. Shut it off, did a factory reset and it was at 9.0 in the dE discrim mode like it should be. Just a heads up to anyone waiting on their F75. Gonna give it a field test tomorrow.

How were your results?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread