Tesoro COMPADRE and Mohave
ORX and Deus II
Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I jumped at the chance of upgrading my LTD. Shipping to Texas today.:goldcoin:)

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You should watch the vids on the boost modes greater depth...

OP
OP
Metal Detecting Stuff

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$159 from LTD to new features, $309 from standard F75 to LTD with new features. Free if F75 ltd was purchased after 7/1/14. Fisher covers shipping cost both ways.

Wayne

Www.metaldetectingstuff.com

adespin

Greenie
Nov 2, 2014
Llanelli, Wales.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Fisher F4, C Scope Promet 2, C Scope 1220B.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that I actually watch the video and visit the Fisher site I am curious what the Digital Shielding Technology is. That could be a big plus in certain areas.

DARN! Now I'm going to have to wonder "what if" until I likely break down and send it back. Crumbs!

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My new F75 SE with all the new upgrades was shipped today.... I will give honest feedback after I use it a few times... :)

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll want to hear that. I have one of the early SEs.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I should get it next Wed/Thurs.... If its great I will tell you, if its bad I will tell you.... I have been MDing since the late 70's so I have a lot of experience... excited to get it.. :)

Hookedondetecting

Jul 18, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
ORX and Deus II
Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sent My used F75 Ltd in last day of Oct.
Got word today it will arrive this Thursday - 21 day turnaround with 12 days of shipping.
They had it 6 work days before shipping back. Shipping takes a long time. Like a week both ways.

geologyjohn

Mar 18, 2009
West edge of the U.S.
Detector(s) used
WW2 mine detector, D-Tex Standard, D-Tex Deluxe, A.H. Pro Discriminator, various Whites, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher 1270, Fisher F75, Fisher Gold Bug,Tesoro Sand Shark. And maybe others that I forgot?
I think that some folks are waiting to hear some feedback on the upgrade option. I'll be the first to make a few observations.
I've been an F-75 owner since 2008. I hunt every week of the year (no snow or frozen ground here) though I only hunt about once or twice a week with the F-75, 1-3 hrs each hunt usually.
Concerning my background in the hobby, it has been my favorite hobby since age 12. I started in 1966 (I'm 60 now). So I got 48 years in the hobby. Hunted all over the U.S.A., but only a couple of foreign countries. Hunt both relics and coins.
I sent my 2008-vintage F-75 back to the factory for upgrades on Nov. 3rd and got it back today (11-17), so exactly two weeks turn around time.
Got it back late this afternoon and only had about an hour to test the upgrade on a site that I have hunted relics for 25 years. It is a somewhat small site occupied my by the U.S. Dragoons in the 1850's. I have pounded it over the years with a couple of very good relic machines. Its been pretty hard to find anything there for quite some time. I'll use the words "cleaned out" for this one. But there is a low hanging power line over a part of the site that has required me to run the F-75 at low sensitivity because of the EMF from the power lines. It has really messed with my machine over the years. So today with my "upgraded" F-75 I went straight to the area beneath the power line. I cranked the machine up to 99 sensitivity and was in PF (plowed field mode) because it is exactly that, a plowed field. The first thing that I noticed is that I now have a quiet, smooth running machine. NO chatter at all. None. I quickly dug a coat-sized (19.5 mm) Eagle "D" button dating from the 1840's, followed by a .54 caliber round ball from a Model 1841 Mississippoi rifle. They were not all that deep. Maybe 7 inches. But in a spot directly beneath the power line. In the past the chatter induced by the power line caused me to miss these to shallow targets.
In summation, I must say that I am very pleased with the upgrade, if nothing else, because the EMF problem appears to be gone thanks to the new shielding the Fisher folks installed. I also now also have boost and cache modes, but I did not get a chance to test them today, so as yet, I have no comment/opinion. Hopefully I can test them out this weekend.
I hope that this rambling discourse is of some use to you. Good hunting guys, Geologyjohn

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think that some folks are waiting to hear some feedback on the upgrade option. I'll be the first to make a few observations.
I've been an F-75 owner since 2008. I hunt every week of the year (no snow or frozen ground here) though I only hunt about once or twice a week with the F-75, 1-3 hrs each hunt usually.
Concerning my background in the hobby, it has been my favorite hobby since age 12. I started in 1966 (I'm 60 now). So I got 48 years in the hobby. Hunted all over the U.S.A., but only a couple of foreign countries. Hunt both relics and coins.
I sent my 2008-vintage F-75 back to the factory for upgrades on Nov. 3rd and got it back today (11-17), so exactly two weeks turn around time.
Got it back late this afternoon and only had about an hour to test the upgrade on a site that I have hunted relics for 25 years. It is a somewhat small site occupied my by the U.S. Dragoons in the 1850's. I have pounded it over the years with a couple of very good relic machines. Its been pretty hard to find anything there for quite some time. I'll use the words "cleaned out" for this one. But there is a low hanging power line over a part of the site that has required me to run the F-75 at low sensitivity because of the EMF from the power lines. It has really messed with my machine over the years. So today with my "upgraded" F-75 I went straight to the area beneath the power line. I cranked the machine up to 99 sensitivity and was in PF (plowed field mode) because it is exactly that, a plowed field. The first thing that I noticed is that I now have a quiet, smooth running machine. NO chatter at all. None. I quickly dug a coat-sized (19.5 mm) Eagle "D" button dating from the 1840's, followed by a .54 caliber round ball from a Model 1841 Mississippoi rifle. They were not all that deep. Maybe 7 inches. But in a spot directly beneath the power line. In the past the chatter induced by the power line caused me to miss these to shallow targets.
In summation, I must say that I am very pleased with the upgrade, if nothing else, because the EMF problem appears to be gone thanks to the new shielding the Fisher folks installed. I also now also have boost and cache modes, but I did not get a chance to test them today, so as yet, I have no comment/opinion. Hopefully I can test them out this weekend.
I hope that this rambling discourse is of some use to you. Good hunting guys, Geologyjohn

Great review! Thanks Geologyjohn!

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My new F75 SE came today... I just put it together and am reading the directions now... sooo excited.....thanks Bart for the best price and fast shipping :)
Honest feedback to come...
Gary from Oregon

Last edited:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

John, Thanks for the review. I am also using an older F75 (2007). I think that shielding would be wonderful. I was wondering which upgrade package you got?

I may be able to get out a couple more times before we get frozen solid here in PA. I think I will continue reading the reviews and send my machine back in the dead of winter.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm in the same boat. For $159 I'd have sent it in already. But $309 leaves a mark. That's a lot of dimes! $60 more than I paid for my Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro with two coils! ;-)

But it's sounding like the end result is a $1,400 detector. Decisions, decisions.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried it last night indoors and it wouldnt settle down... i just got back tonight and realized it was not set on the new DST... it was set on 91 (no dst) so i changed it to 90 (dst on) and it was quiet as can be :) I am just trying to learn the basic settings at this time. It found high tones that indicated 10 to 11 inches. I did not dig them I was just trying to figure the machine out. So excited! More to come.
Gary from Oregon

geologyjohn

Mar 18, 2009
West edge of the U.S.
Detector(s) used
WW2 mine detector, D-Tex Standard, D-Tex Deluxe, A.H. Pro Discriminator, various Whites, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher 1270, Fisher F75, Fisher Gold Bug,Tesoro Sand Shark. And maybe others that I forgot?
To Steve in PA, I got the full blown upgrade ($309.00), and happy that I did. Now I can't see me needing to buy another MD anytime soon. This is my daily driver. Geologyjohn

Hookedondetecting

Jul 18, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
ORX and Deus II
Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received my upgraded unit yesterday.
It looks new.
Allot of EMI in the house especially on FA process.
Going out later today to feild test.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread