The F75 is back, but !!

adespin

Greenie
Nov 2, 2014
Llanelli, Wales.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Fisher F4, C Scope Promet 2, C Scope 1220B.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a question to Woof (Dave J). The F75 arrived back from upgrade this morning, everything is fine with it. On reading through the new user manual that accompanied it, it states on page 16 that the machine powers up in DST Mode as default in version 9.0, and has to be switched off in 9.1. I was led to believe from Keith Southern's pre production video that the DST is on in 9.1. We need some clarification on this from Fisher or Dave J as it's somewhat confusing.

Last edited:

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's the manual that is wrong – that is to say DST is 9.1 no DST is 9.0.however what you're waiting for Fisher to answer he gives you a great opportunity to experiment in an unbiased manner weather DST is an improvement or not. Turn the machine on put it in all metal put the sensitivity on Max and seehow much EMI you get. Then do a factory reset change it to the other mode 9.0 if you got it 9.1 before or vice versa - and decide which one is quieter.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that is to say DST is 9.1 no DST is 9.0.

This is how I understand it too....

OP
OP
A

adespin

Greenie
Nov 2, 2014
Llanelli, Wales.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I contacted First Texas yesterday over the location of DST, they informed me that after conversing with their tech' guys they say that the manual is correct and the video is wrong, they will be looking into the video. So DST is on 9.0 and non DST operation is on 9.1. Hope this clears this up.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just read the manual and it powers up in DST... DST is 90 and no DST is 91...
My new F75 SE arrives tomorrow :)

OP
OP
A

adespin

Greenie
Nov 2, 2014
Llanelli, Wales.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My F75 came back from upgrade wednesday last week, two days shipping from El Paso to my house in the UK by Fedex, unbelievably fast !!. Went to the local beach with it, cranked it up to 99 sensitivity in Boost Process, quiet as a mouse!, Fisher have turned a very good but noisy detector into an amazing machine, for me having payed £100($161) for shipping was money well spent.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got back from detecting a house in Southern Oregon... Please note the heavy electrical wires in front of the house I detected. I have only used the new Fisher F75 SE with all of the upgrades for a total of approx 2 hours. Dodging the Oregon rain. I had the detector set at DE, Discrim at 15, Sense at 65... this detector is like a Cadillac to a Datsun... sorry Datsun/AT PRO... yes I have one of these too... There was no EMI (very quite) even with this heavy electrical wire above me... I found all of these items today 11-22-2014 (except for 10 coins I found the day before)... more reviews to come... (1) wheat... 1 old Pocket watch bezel & winder... 1 Sterling wedding band...
Gary from Oregon

Medford house.jpg Silver wedding band 2014.jpg silver wedding band 2.jpg medford finds 2014.jpg medford finds 2  2014.jpg

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow this all sounds great. I have a T2 SE that I'm sending in and I'm trying out an F75 LTD right now that I'm 98% sure I will be buying. I can't even imagine how good these will be with less emi and I'm excited about the 4 tone FE. Great feedback guys

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its not less EMI .. its no EMI... I have use it a couple of times now with the sensitivity at 95 and it is so quiet you think it is not working. My friend has a XP DEUS and we can literally hunt less than 5 feet from each other and the Fisher F75 SE is dead quite... :) I even have my cell phone on in my pocket and..... dead quite... :)
Gary from Oregon

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not less EMI .. its no EMI... I have use it a couple of times now with the sensitivity at 95 and it is so quiet you think it is not working. My friend has a XP DEUS and we can literally hunt less than 5 feet from each other and the Fisher F75 SE is dead quite... :) I even have my cell phone on in my pocket and..... dead quite... :) Gary from Oregon
That is beyond exciting! Thanks for the news

OP
OP
A

adespin

Greenie
Nov 2, 2014
Llanelli, Wales.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not less EMI .. its no EMI... I have use it a couple of times now with the sensitivity at 95 and it is so quiet you think it is not working. My friend has a XP DEUS and we can literally hunt less than 5 feet from each other and the Fisher F75 SE is dead quite... :) I even have my cell phone on in my pocket and..... dead quite... :)
Gary from Oregon

Yes, I've got to agree, it's now totally silent. I've been out with it a couple of times, and occasionally have to throw a coin on the floor to check it's working. It is the perfect machine, and so simple to use. One slight niggle, i don't like the notch system, not that i ever use it, much simpler on my F4.

GroundSnooper

Mar 10, 2007
St. Paris, Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT, MXT, GMT. Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is all sounding awesome! Mine is due back in tuesday. Can't wait to put it to work!

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet! Let us know what you think after you use yours :)

Hookedondetecting

Jul 18, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro COMPADRE and Mohave
ORX and Deus II
Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May I say mine came back a week ago and it looks new. Some parts were completely replaced like the arm cuff, trigger, decals, & control panel.
The unit seems to be working great and better than I remember.
Programming is a bit different so it will take some time to figure out what works best for me.
I really like the n1 setting and I am testing that for use in the field.
I also note the default setting is sensitivity is 80 with ground balance of 90. So anytime you do a default reset make sure you ground balance to your soil.
The EMI is bad in my house but none existent outside.
I tested the F75 against my brothers White coin master and the F75 can pick up a coin next to an iron nail but the coin master is silent. The iron is masking the coin but not for the F75.
(A little bit of brotherly completion here)

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's it.. I've read enough. I'm sending my work horse F75ltd for the upgrade. An inch or two more depth and no chatter for $159? Sold...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah. I'm getting closer to the $309 plunge. No hurry now, though. We're in frozen mode until March.

Hookedondetecting

Jul 18, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro COMPADRE and Mohave
ORX and Deus II
Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what I found yesterday

ForumRunner_20141201_112752.png

Also a wheat penny and a clad 50 cent piece.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice. Never a disappointment when the Barber visits.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions