Fishers F11, F22, F44

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm.........................kinda off topic.

Wonder how all those in the thread like their new Fs since they have shipped months ago?

I was wondering the same thing. I really figured more users would be giving their reviews after reading about so many who had already purchased/ordered a new F series machine. I still think I will pick up at least an F22 (possibly an F44) to replace the F2 I sold. I have the Omega, so if I need adjustable GB, I have that feature with the Tek at least.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I was wondering the same thing. I really figured more users would be giving their reviews after reading about so many who had already purchased/ordered a new F series machine. I still think I will pick up at least an F22 (possibly an F44) to replace the F2 I sold. I have the Omega, so if I need adjustable GB, I have that feature with the Tek at least.
Yes it looks to me the new Fishers F 22 , 44 .and Whites Treasure Master ,Pro detectors are not going over that big

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I think the lightness, two AA battery thing, and price is making some think the new Fs aren't up to the task.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Depth is OK, but target IDs are not near as accurate as Omega, yes it is cheaper, and weather proof, so decent value, but like so many other detectors it won't be replacing the Omega, and if it rains I just use a 2 cent plastic bag.

I do like the control box on the 44 nice feel, and big numbers.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm one of the ones who posted that they were going to buy an F44. However, I got a deal on an F75 and went that route instead.

Mike Hillis

Greenie
Nov 9, 2005
Southwestern United States
Detector(s) used
Currently own and use: F75 LTD w/DST, Etrac, V3, Gold Kruzer, ATPro, Compadre, ETPro, 8500, GSII.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like my F44. I like the new look. I like being able to assign the tones of my chosing to the target segments in the Custom mode. I have been waiting for that to become affordable for a long time. I also like being able to switch between saturated and modulated audio choices. Performance is good. Weather proof. Affordable. Easy to setup and fun to use.

Wierd coil though. I think the design intent was to create a large concentric that wouldn't be so nose heavy, would balance better considering where they have to mount it. Works ok for me. I don't find it particularly nose heavy, though others might.

HH
Mike

digndeep

Jul 28, 2014
cambridge,md
Detector(s) used
Xp ORX, whites v3, whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How's the depth of the 44?how's it act in trash?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How's the depth of the 44?how's it act in trash?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Scannerguy, IMO, has one of the best test gardens to put a detector through. Depth, trash, difference between a copper and zinc penny. And he has a rating system. He tested the F44 on that test garden. I would say the F44 in this test is a 7" to 8" detector and acts in trash like a typical sub $350 detector.

Last edited:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I just ordered an F44 to use in the rain. I'll give a review once I receive it and use it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread