Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I still like my Minelab Musketeer Advantage. We don't need no steenkin menus and displays!

View attachment 1112628

If I was in a bar fight I'd rather have that than my F-75. It's just a bayonet mount short of an assault detector.

Makes a great loaner detector.
You mean you just use your Musketeer as a loaner .. seems like a waste of a good detector..

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Fisher is just right in its technological progression. I do prefer the 2 knob configuration of the F-19 and Omega over than the buttons of the 3 new models.

If you want GPS, USB, color screen, multiple layers of adjustments and "best" programs then just buy a CTX. I've owned one as well as the Etrac, and I'll take lightweight and faster electronics of the FT products any day.

Last edited:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The new f19 is a nice machine. I would have one but just to similar to my AT gold to justify. The newer fishers seem to be copies of the teknetics machines in different wrappers.

Last edited:

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's just the opposite the teknetics copy the fishers

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just the opposite the teknetics copy the fishers

I think you got it backwards. Take a look at the Teknetics greek series. The Teks have had the design before they borrowed it for the Gold Bug Pro, & well before the F19 came out.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They're right. The T2 came out two years before the similar F-75. Different interfaces and software, however.

It's not really a case of "copying". More like sharing components among companies owned by First Texas.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They're right. The T2 came out two years before the similar F-75. Different interfaces and software, however.

It's not really a case of "copying". More like sharing components among companies owned by First Texas.

That's why I am thinking the F11,22 44 will have some comparison to the BH Lone Star Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Land Ranger Pro. I think the Fishers will be on a slightly higher scale and command a bit higher price. They will have things like FeTone Iron Audio and I suspect at least the F44 will have a back lit screen. The software may make them a tad deeper as well.

If I had to guess, FTPs best time to release them would be mid March to first week in April. Beginning of Spring as well as tax time crunch looking to offer something for that refund (if your lucky). My only question is, are we going to see the new units on youtube by Russians before they sell here? That was the case with the BH Pros.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any way you look at it they are the same machines ...different "makes". I would like more variety between fisher...teknetics..and bounty hunter.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guys who design the Fishers sit in the same room as the guys who design the Teknetics. If I told 'em not to talk to each other, that would be plain silly. However, moving forward, I think you will start to see more differentiation betwixt the brands.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe just the ergonomics is different. Pretty much the same under the hood.

05-08_Toyota_Matrix_XR.jpg 03-04_Pontiac_Vibe.jpg
Toyota Matrix Pontiac Vibe

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Much like the Dodge Demon and the Plymouth Duster. Only difference was the tail lights and some interior trim. Same frame and engines.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a message from Fisher that they are looking at a release date of May 15th.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New pic on Fisher site says the new F22, F44 is weatherproof.

11100221_464507433704467_1021680654579143562_n.jpg

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cant wait to see the specs on these new waterproof Fishers!!!! I probably will have to have them... LOL

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cant wait to see the specs on these new waterproof Fishers!!!! I probably will have to have them... LOL
"Weatherproof" does not necessarily mean "waterproof". Two entirely different words.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Weatherproof" does not necessarily mean "waterproof". Two entirely different words.

LOL... I was just seeing if you guys were paying attention.... Your good :)

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tim Mallory, the Marketing head at FT has stated that the weatherproof rating is for brief immersion to 24" - pretty good.

He also confirmed that other models with the same rating will follow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread