Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got the word, Fisher will be shipping these units to dealers on may 18 (pretty close to what was expected I might add, GOOD JOB FISHER !)
The word is straight from Anna K. @ Fisher.
And MAP price will be 349.oo I don't care that sounds like a really decent deal.

I will soon have one.

Now I'll see if I can add the new PIc.

Rick is that the price for the F44?

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rick is that the price for the F44?

Yes 349.oo is the minimum advertized price for the F44, and I know for sure.
Got to say I thought it was going to be much more ...with all those features (QUESTION MARK)..(MY KEYBOARD IS SCREWED UP, AND CANÈT MAKE A QUESTION MARK)

MAP for the F22 is $229.00
I got to say this detector is going to be a BIG seller at that price point...: IF it is a decent performer ...

Too bad the canadian dollar SUCKS SO BAD right now,,, anyway still a great deal right now.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's exciting! I thought it would be more like $500 - $600... Fisher is going to sell these like crazy. Other manufacturers are going feel the pain I'd bet, with these being weatherproof!

shovelready

Apr 21, 2015
s.w.washington
Detector(s) used
tesoro outlaw vaquero, anfibio multi, Makro pulse dive
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this will really put the hurt on the garrett at pro. and the price looks like about half of what i expected.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fisher did an awesome job of filling a void between the $200 to $500 range with the F44. It excels above anything in the $225, and still competes against anything in the $500 range. FT engineers should be commended for covering all bases. It is lighter than most (2.3 lbs, sorry Whites), it uses 2 AA batteries, it has all the presets as well as custom and AM (Hello Garrett), a boost feature that does the same as super tuning on beep and digs (Tesoro), and put into a case that's weatherproof and has a back lit screen. How smart is that? Very smart.

Now, about depth................

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes 349.oo is the minimum advertized price for the F44, and I know for sure.
Got to say I thought it was going to be much more ...with all those features (QUESTION MARK)..(MY KEYBOARD IS SCREWED UP, AND CANÈT MAKE A QUESTION MARK)

MAP for the F22 is $229.00
I got to say this detector is going to be a BIG seller at that price point...: IF it is a decent performer ...

Too bad the canadian dollar SUCKS SO BAD right now,,, anyway still a great deal right now.

Is that Canadian dollar price or American?

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are these entry level detectors ? how do they compare to the F-2-4-5 ? beside being weatherproof ?

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
If they perform as most Fishers do at these price points with these features I suspect the F2 and F4 will eventually be phased out.
The F5 is a different animal and will be left alone, I would assume.
When available, the Fisher line up will be one of the most logical and value oriented step up program on the market today from a retail/business standpoint in my opinion with my almost 30 year retail experience.
A decent entry level unit all the way through to the flagship models, and as you add features the price goes up but each price point seems about perfect for each model for the market today.
The 3 new ones seem to be designed and priced as category killers...the Ace150, 250 and 350 will have a hard time keeping up so their era might be over, finally, for the life of me I can't figure out why these things keep selling with no VDI info on their screens compared to others in their price slots.
The 250 was a phenomenal unit when it came out, a productive detector at an entry level price that nobody had seen before, but other brands are now on the market with more feature rich properties that compete very well and this lower end line might just be the final nail in the Ace series coffin.

I am thinking about getting into shallow water hunting a bit in the future and the F44 seems like it just might fit the bill perfectly for me to do that with confidently along with owning a unit that will not need to be worried about if caught in the rain.
I wonder what coil options will be available.
If there will be a good selection at decent prices that would just be icing on the cake.

Yea, I love my Tesoros but I am also a Fisher guy and knowing their language as well as I do I am very excited about these new units.
The Fisher people seem to have done their homework very well on designing and pricing these things...now let's hope they work well when they are finally released to the public.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I will say it will put a hurting on Garrett's AT Pro also ....

shovelready

Apr 21, 2015
s.w.washington
Detector(s) used
tesoro outlaw vaquero, anfibio multi, Makro pulse dive
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think these new machines will have a factory set ground balance, or give us the option of manual as well.

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think these new machines will have a factory set ground balance, or give us the option of manual as well.

I think the 44 has both auto/manual

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the 44 has both auto/manual

Seems that way Jim. Knowing the LRP and QDP, Fisher has followed the same route. The F22 is probably fixed GB, and has 3 preset notch options and 1 custom for detecting. I don't see an AM mode.

The F44 has fixed GB for 3 preset modes, and AM is probably where the manual GB is performed and carries into the Custom mode. There is no V-Break since the FeTone works like the Eurotek Pro with 20 volume options. There doesn't appear to be a notch width like the LRP because of the lack of the 43 segment conductivity arc. The large numbers corresponds with Fisher/BH process. The Fe lights for anything in the 1-19 range. 2 for 20-29, 3 for 30-39, and on. Unlike the Eurotek Pro that uses 1-39 for the Fe (Iron) range, the F44 will use 1-19 leaving 80 (or 8 equal divisions) split between the gold and silver conductivity segments.

I'm almost sure that this is a Fratbros process, with advanced engineering to be able to use the boost feature. The F44 fills a void in the $350 range with features found on units pro $500. Being light, weatherproof and only using 2`AA batteries, FTP engineers have once again set the bar for others to follow, or get out of the way.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the newest PDF, hope it is big enough to see.
F44 PDF.jpg

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks great can't wait

JmCraz8