** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow a new model Omega ..I am having a hard time keeping up with First Texas..

Either someone has an inside scoop, or my google is broken. I can find zero info on a new Omega 8500!

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I swing a new Fisher F75SE with a Sunray probe and Grey Ghost ultimate headphones. It rocks! I bought the F44 for pouring down rain days and for a loner for my friends... I am selling my AT Pro with all of the extra coils... it sits in the corner catching dust.
Gary from Oregon

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am with you but one of the things you said was "what people think of these". Troubling comments using terms like "entry level detector", "cheap beginners", and such makes a person who owns one feel like a second class hobbyist. I really noticed these comments on another new machine by minelab Go Find series and because it was plastic it seemed like it was being put in a class with toys. This may be why many who enjoy these great little detectors are not so verbal about their adventures with these machines. Myself, I am proud to be able to own and use these type of machines. I also have more expensive units but I believe that the F44 and pro find 60 will hold their own against some detectors costing hundreds of dollars more. Time will tell. E92FF, I think that a F44 would be a great machine for you whether it is your first or 15th.

I see the Go Find as a family detector. Compact, easy to use. Dad, Mom, Kids.

I see the new Fs as international design over other FTP products (minus the Euroteks). No segment discriptors, so any countries coins will light up the appropriate segment. Plus the FeTone for the Iron many Europeans seek. Just the box has all it's info in 5 different languages. The new Fs should do well overseas.

F44 3DBox.jpg

Last edited:

E92FF

Greenie
May 9, 2015
In the Shadow of Mt St Helens
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L
I am with you but one of the things you said was "what people think of these". Troubling comments using terms like "entry level detector", "cheap beginners", and such makes a person who owns one feel like a second class hobbyist. I really noticed these comments on another new machine by minelab Go Find series and because it was plastic it seemed like it was being put in a class with toys. This may be why many who enjoy these great little detectors are not so verbal about their adventures with these machines. Myself, I am proud to be able to own and use these type of machines. I also have more expensive units but I believe that the F44 and pro find 60 will hold their own against some detectors costing hundreds of dollars more. Time will tell. E92FF, I think that a F44 would be a great machine for you whether it is your first or 15th.

As someone who doesn't know any better I bet I would enjoy most if not any of the modern detectors. I think I may have given the wrong impression with my original statement. I'm not as concerned with "what people think of them" as much as just wanting to hear some real world experiences with them. I'd just like to have an idea of what to expect for the $$$!

Last edited:

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will reserve judgement until I see some real world tests of this. I am not thinking this is being made to compete with anything above an F4 class machine. I will be interested in depth, target ID stabilty and accuracy, and how it handles EMI and ground balance. I am thinking this is just to compete with the AT Pro in the water arena. Not meant as a mid or high end machine, performance wise. If this trend continues, we can look for a new F5 called the F55, A new F70 called the F66, and the top end machine for the F75 called the F77. With the main selling point waterproof (which is in vogue now.) Taking any bets?

Last edited:

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will let you all know as soon as I get mine. My F44 is paid for so I should get one of the very 1st ones. :)

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either someone has an inside scoop, or my google is broken. I can find zero info on a new Omega 8500!

GENE SCULLION from First Texas made the announcement on relic-roundup their working on the new Omega 8500

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GENE SCULLION from First Texas made the announcement on relic-roundup their working on the new Omega 8500

Nice! That will be another winner for sure.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L

As someone who doesn't know any better I bet I would enjoy most if not any of the modern detectors. I think I may have given the wrong impression with my original statement. I'm not as concerned with "what people think of them" as much as just wanting to hear some real world experiences with them. I'd just like to have an idea of what to expect for the $$$!

Sorry for the wrong impression. I took one line out of your text to talk about something that I felt strong about. Please ask the questions and we will all try to find the answers as they arrive. I did hear that there is the F85 in the works though.:)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jim was there any other info ? like what might be an improvement ? Got to say I really like my Omega as it is.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's rare to see comments like this on true depth. I'm content, as well, with 6"-7" and could care less about digging a 12" signal.

I agree that most targets are within th 6-7 inch range, my 2013 year had 154 old coppers and they for the most part fell within that range, but as a detector I would like to see it hit coins at at least the 9-10 inch range, just because some are that deep, and to be on par with some other machines.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I swing a new Fisher F75SE with a Sunray probe and Grey Ghost ultimate headphones. It rocks! I bought the F44 for pouring down rain days and for a loner for my friends... I am selling my AT Pro with all of the extra coils... it sits in the corner catching dust.
Gary from Oregon

I am of the same thinking, but NOT selling the AT Pro just yet.....

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim was there any other info ? like what might be an improvement ? Got to say I really like my Omega as it is.

I agree! I can't see it getting much better, it works so great now.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder if the new F's has an option to change the screen language?

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if the new F's has an option to change the screen language?

That would be a cool option. Hey i just reached 1000 posts! Hooray for me!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been looking for a detector that will allow me to search shallow water such as the beach shoreline. I cannot tell from the description or from all of the posts on this thread if the F44 would fit this roll or not. Can someone answer that for me? All explanations would be welcome as well.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been looking for a detector that will allow me to search shallow water such as the beach shoreline. I cannot tell from the description or from all of the posts on this thread if the F44 would fit this roll or not. Can someone answer that for me? All explanations would be welcome as well.

I would think a DD coil might be better than the stock concentric, but it does have manual ground balance. Probably as well as any all terrain detector with manual ground balancing. Water resistance is a plus.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread