Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The screen reminds me of the BH Pro's (monoplanar buttons) and menu with up and down buttons, etc.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The buttons on the F44 are almost a mirror of the Land Ranger Pro. Including Mode, Menu, Ground Grab and arrows.

Where the LRP has a up and down arrow for Menu, I'm assuming hitting menu moves the highlighted lines and the arrows control intensity. They use 3v (two AA batteries) over 9v. I'll bet the menu options are same as the LRP, with maybe the FeTone Iron Audio feature. I also believe that the segments are divided into something like the 43 arc line for Euro customers. Let's see if I am right.

10943844_430966950391849_174188803794427502_n.jpg

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
One thing about Fisher they sure do put out a lot of new model's every year.. They are hard to keep up with..

Skwerly

Jan 24, 2013
Yucaipa, CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the classic black/gold better, but change is necessary, I guess.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just looks like f75 with a bunch of extras added on....

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FTP has taken a brave new step with the newer lines. I'm sure they are going to get mixed feelings on feedback. But I bet these units are lighter, more comfortable to swing. If the screen does it's job effectively with decent depth, it should catch on. How many would love to go back to heavy tube TV's after having an LCD TV? Digital, by the right engineers, is the future.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm sorry but changing the color of the faceplate doesn't warrant a premium price, nor changing the name of a F19 make it a new detector. The things I want to see are depth, quiet in high EMI, and water proof. Not just a repackaging of the same detector. They have made strides in the EMI with the upgrade for the F75 and T2, but from those I have talked to it came at a cost of depth and performance. The detector as far as ergonomics looks cheap, not like a well crafted tool. Looks like a kids video toy rather than a serious piece of detecting equipment. Lcd tech is still old school and no GPS so I can map my sites and know what I have covered and what still needs to be searched. USB port so I can upgrade the software instead of having to buy a whole new machine to get better performance. I know I am asking a lot but others are doing this.

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Until you have it in your hands, using it, it's hard to judge. I like the new look, much bigger screen, water resistant face, buttons along the bottom. The LRP and QDP kills anything by BH in the past. We'll see how Fisher does.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FTP has taken a brave new step with the newer lines. I'm sure they are going to get mixed feelings on feedback. But I bet these units are lighter, more comfortable to swing. If the screen does it's job effectively with decent depth, it should catch on. How many would love to go back to heavy tube TV's after having an LCD TV? Digital, by the right engineers, is the future.

Im not sure, just ask some Tesoro users!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digital is just another way of operating. Read the book to learn how digital detectors fail us. Tejon book.PNG

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I still like my Minelab Musketeer Advantage. We don't need no steenkin menus and displays!

minelabmus-advanbox.jpg

If I was in a bar fight I'd rather have that than my F-75. It's just a bayonet mount short of an assault detector.

IM000842.JPG

Makes a great loaner detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread