How hard is the F75 to learn

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posted this in the wrong place. I am a dummy sometimes. I am just wondering how hard the F75 is to learn. I am thinking of getting one. I understand it is light and deep. I hate learning a new machine, but my others tire my arms after a couple of hours. I love all of my machines and hate to get a different one and start all over with the learning of a new one. BUT. Are there easy settings for coin hunting, as that is mostly what I do?

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OldJG
I think you posted this in the right place.
The F-75 and the T2 are very easy to learn,everything you need to know is on the screen.
3.5 lbs so lite and balanced well feels much liter...back light on all the time for nite hunting.
You can turn and go.... or get very technical in the settings...but nothing is complicated.
You can go on the Fisher site and down load the owners manual.....read it and see.
The Newer F-75 LTD with the DST would be very stable in the city coin hunting in the parks....Two coils 11"DD and the 5"DD for the parks.
Gary

Last edited:

Randy Combs

Sep 16, 2013
FREDONIA KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Predator Raptor
Predator Phoenix
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What G.A.P. said. I have used mine for 4 years and still sometimes go back to the factory default and just hunt. I had mine upgraded and it is even better now. Learning the Visual numbers to know what to dig is the key, as with any detector.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can get going quickly with the factory defaults and it takes a few seconds to do a reset if you do make a mess of the settings.

10X easier to figure out than the F5 IMHO - but when you want to go crazy it has dozens of process and tone variations.

The new digital shielded models are MUCH easier to control. The originals were high performance but "edgy". Now they are much less critical of that delicate setting to get the right setting.

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That bundle IS a good deal, Wayne. Just adding the 5" is good for that price. Great promo.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart at big boys hobbies will have the best delivered price.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
it has a factory default setting...turn it on .....its ready to hunt....as time goes along ....you learn more settings

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread