Any depth advantage in upgrading the f75 ltd to the ltd2?

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really don't have any issues with EMI where I like to hunt and I am used to the chattiness of the F75ltd.
I've had it for years and had a T2 for years before that.

I'm still on the fence about the upgrade. The FA process is the most appealing thing to me but I actually like the machine the way it is so if there's no advantage in depth I'm not sure if I need to take the plunge.

Are the ID's less jumpy with the DST?

Any thoughts on this is appreciated.

HH
John

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The advantage is not in depth... you can run the new SE DST model in DST mode (super quite) or change it quickly to the old non DST mode.... you have the best of both worlds....

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had the older (2007) F-75 so when I got the upgrade it added boost and cache (both added depth for me) and FA, as well as additional tones. What it really made a difference in it is the DST and removal of background falsing and chittering. None, indoors, Sens 99. Nada. Zip. Only if I hold it right up to operating electronics. That will add LOTS of depth as the deeper coins won't be lost in the percolation of the razor's edge of running sensitivity as high as possible and accepting some chatter.

There seem to be some folks who sent them back in December that lost All Metal depth. This appears to have been corrected (and they had to return the problem detectors). Mine air tests deeper than DISC. But then I was never able to air test indoors prior so I have no comparison until I get outdoors.

From what I can tell I got a whole new display and control head rather than just new software. I assume the guts were swapped out (new trigger, foam grip, stem, faceplate, case, knob/button).

That will be after two feet of snow melt and the ground thaws.

So far - playing on the paved driveway - I am happier with what I now have. But the proof is in the digging. Air tests are like judging if a girl is a good kisser without making physical contact.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dirtyJohn

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the older (2007) F-75 so when I got the upgrade it added boost and cache (both added depth for me) and FA, as well as additional tones. What it really made a difference in it is the DST and removal of background falsing and chittering. None, indoors, Sens 99. Nada. Zip. Only if I hold it right up to operating electronics. That will add LOTS of depth as the deeper coins won't be lost in the percolation of the razor's edge of running sensitivity as high as possible and accepting some chatter.

There seem to be some folks who sent them back in December that lost All Metal depth. This appears to have been corrected (and they had to return the problem detectors). Mine air tests deeper than DISC. But then I was never able to air test indoors prior so I have no comparison until I get outdoors.

From what I can tell I got a whole new display and control head rather than just new software. I assume the guts were swapped out (new trigger, foam grip, stem, faceplate, case, knob/button).

That will be after two feet of snow melt and the ground thaws.

So far - playing on the paved driveway - I am happier with what I now have. But the proof is in the digging. Air tests are like judging if a girl is a good kisser without making physical contact.

I think I'll probably go for the upgrade. There is only have a couple more weeks til the upgrade program ends.

I guess if I do run into a high EMI situation that the DST will pay off.

I kind of liked the chattiness of it and it always calmed down once I started swing to coil. It's a hot detector so I expected it to act like that.
Thanks for the replies

HH
John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions