needing some detector input

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The CZ's should excel for you.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it's TID you're after, might want to check out the F19.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I like the Tejon and Sov GT, but these aren't Fisher's. Everyone has they're favorites. Sov GT.PNG TEJON.PNG

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're a fisher guy the new F19 is a great machine..works at 19 kHz and is like a Garrett AT pro in performance but a bit more expensive and does have a better screen. The Tesoro is and always will be a great machine and will be consistent for you plus the advantage of light weight but no screen input for you. A good all around machine and the numbers don't lie..the Garrett AT pro..goes deep, is a relic and coin hound and can be taken anywhere, best bang for the buck.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I second the F-19 or the new G2+ (identical to the F-19 with the T2 style handle). The F-19 amazes me how well it can pull targets out of iron and trash. They have it advertised as the best "relic" machine, but it's a great coin detector also.

Last edited:

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I had a choice between the G2 and fisher f19 it would be the G2. They're the same machine except the shaft handle design which the G2 is better. Problem now is this..who is doing fisher, teknetiks, BH repair work...kellyco. I personally don't like that at all. My opinion is if you have a company that tries to sell new equipment doing your repair work how much faith can you put into them doing their best repair work when their main idea is to sell.

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I currently have the Fisher CZ-20 and a Garrett...........I love both machines. I have been doing a lot of research lately on the Nokta Fors CoRe and the Fors Gold. Based on the reviews of these machines, I do believe they would be worth the effort to check them out. Nokta has just recently lowered the prices on these machines to be very competitive with others in the market. Kellyco has them.
Look at this comparison by Steve Herschbach and maybe you can determine what might be best for your situation. There is also a new machine coming to the market from Makro, called the Makro Racer. Nokta and Makro have joined together and will be introducing these machines to the arena. Reviews are already showing that the Makro Racer is going to be a very competitive machine and very resonabably priced.

Link to Steve Herschbach's comparison of these detectors with reviews on them:

Fisher Gold Bug Pro vs F19 vs F75 vs Nokta FORS Gold / FORS CoRe - Detector Prospector Forum - DetectorProspector.com

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I had a choice between the G2 and fisher f19 it would be the G2. They're the same machine except the shaft handle design which the G2 is better. Problem now is this..who is doing fisher, teknetiks, BH repair work...kellyco. I personally don't like that at all. My opinion is if you have a company that tries to sell new equipment doing your repair work how much faith can you put into them doing their best repair work when their main idea is to sell.

Where did you find this information. I know they have a repair shop but are you saying if I send my detector to first Texas they send it to Kellyco?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No. You likely have that reversed. First Texas repairs (and owns) Fisher and Teknetics. Lilkely Bounty Hunter.

Kellyco is a service center for Minelab.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did you find this information. I know they have a repair shop but are you saying if I send my detector to first Texas they send it to Kellyco?

It was just posted in general discussion today I think from charliekellyco that the following machines would be repaired there. Fisher, teknetiks, bounty hunter. Doesn't sit well with me.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was just posted in general discussion today I think from charliekellyco that the following machines would be repaired there. Fisher, teknetiks, bounty hunter. Doesn't sit well with me.

I believe they will work on them but first Texas would be first option. My ford dealer will work on a Chevy but I'll take my Chevy to the Chevy dealer and my ford to the Ford dealer.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did he say ALL First Texas detectors were to go there; or that Kelly Co has been qualified as an additional service center for those who bought detectors from them or could ship there vs. TX cheaper? BIG difference.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did he say ALL First Texas detectors were to go there; or that Kelly Co has been qualified as an additional service center for those who bought detectors from them or could ship there vs. TX cheaper? BIG difference.

Charlie I called them this morning and you are absolutely right just like I was thinking. Just like mine lab has set up.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For relics i would look at the following: Fisher F19, Teknetics T2, Tesoro Tejon and the Garrett AT gold. All good machines with their own benefits. If i could i would have them all!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread