TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sandmartin,
Congrats on the CZ21, I love mine for beach/water hunting and the occasional land hunt. From your description, it sounds like you have your DISC knob set to autotune (all metal mode) where it will just indicate to you that you have found metal and not what type of metal it believes you have found. If you set the DISC knob to 0 or higher you will then begin to hear different tones for different items. Not sure if you received the manual with your purchase but here is a link to the manual if you need that describes the different settings:

http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/manuals/MCZ21B REV 2 09.25.13 - Reader.pdf

Best of luck with the CZ, once you get a little used to it I'm sure you'll love it!

Happy Hunting!
-TwoYewts

OP
OP
S

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks TwoYewts I did get a manual but just skipped through it, I know I need to study it some more. I guess I was a tad hasty! It seems pretty heavy but I'm getting a chest harness for the control box.

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No problem. Yeah, they are built like tanks, but that is a good thing as mine has definitely taken a few hits and dings and it just shrugs them off and keeps on beeping. Make sure the battery compartment is nice and sealed and you are good to go (careful not to over-torque those screws or you will see cracks/stress marks that may lead to leakage). I use a shoulder harness for mine to allow me to hunt longer otherwise the weight would wear me down sooner.

Feel free to drop me a line if you have other questions or there are other more seasoned/experienced hunters on here that use the CZ21 and enjoy sharing their knowledge...Casper for example comes to mind :)

Happy Hunting!
-TwoYewts

OP
OP
S

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks TwoYewts I'm sure I will need some advice at some time although I guess the best thing is for me to get out there and use it and get to know the machine. The only thing I don't like about it so far is the wobbly shaft! Yeah I've read Caspers threads, wow!

Thanks again
paul.

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it takes most of the wobble out depending on how far out you extend your lower rod.

OP
OP
S

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes it takes most of the wobble out depending on how far out you extend your lower rod.

Understand what you mean, I have mine extended fully which doesn't help(but maybe Fisher should have addressed that problem) I will try that rod clamp, thanks again.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They offer a longer lower shaft for tall folks. ($14.95 and 26" instead of 20").

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
S

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Charlie, the standard length is 26.5'' so I need a longer one. Fisher don't make one (they should speak to a few CZ21 owners!) Whites make a longer lower rod which looks pretty close, a dealer is getting back to me with the diameter etc.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My bad - must be a two piece instead of a three piece like the F series.

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi folks, I own a CZ-20 and i do slide it out of the handle to hold it by my belt or chest holder, the problem is that it does not have any bracket or way to hold it, is it missing any thing there? or do i need a special mount chest to fit my CZ-20?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes there is a belt clip that came with the CZ when it was new. Just google search fisher Cz-20 or 21 belt clip and there are several options to purchase from or any Fisher dealer that sponsors T-Net can supply one.

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes there is a belt clip that came with the CZ when it was new. Just google search fisher Cz-20 or 21 belt clip and there are several options to purchase from or any Fisher dealer that sponsors T-Net can supply one.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Fletch. :thumbsup:

Prairie Prowler

May 7, 2006
Midwest ILL
Detector(s) used
Fisher1266-/ CZ-20 / Sovereign XS/Excalibur II / Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had this problem with the wobbling shaft ..especially because my machine is heavily used.. found by wrapping with electrical tape a couple times on 2 spots on the shaft stops it..(acts like a bushing )don't wrap too much tho ...the 2 shafts can get stuck together..Its a a cheap fix & done it with a lot of other machines as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread