Got the upgraded f75 SE back Today. WTH! Not Happy at all

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received it back at my work address so I couldn't test it til I got Home.

When I got home I hooked everything up and turned it on doing the reset and went outside.

First off it's still chattery in both modes. More so now then before.

The Ground Grab also doesn't work. It's preset at 90. I went do do a fast grab and it just stayed at 90 both in disc and all metal and I know my ground is like 62. I noticed they did something to the coil as there is some epoxy around the back where the cable goes into it.

I have two other coils for this machine that I put on and the same thing- wouldn't fast grab. I could manually ground balance but not fast grab

Pinpointing is also loud, broad and blarey. Must be what everyone's referring to as the mama bug.

Mine is the 2-15 version so it's hard to believe they could let this leave the factory like that especially when by now these are known issues. How long does it take to squeeze a toggle switch or do a simply run through on the machine 3 minutes tops?

This left a bad taste in my mouth. I'll be sending it back right away. Of course it's to late to contact them today.

I have 2 feet of snow on the ground so I'll send it back as many times as it takes.

HH
John

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
grrrr....I just sent my t2 off for upgrade mon...Now ya got me skered John.....lol

OP
OP
dirtyJohn

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I don't know what happened but I need to apologize. Maybe the detector was still cold from shipping, messing with the electronics although it's been indoors for 4 hours but now it's working. I guess I should have waited longer. After waiting so long to get it back I was really disappointed in how irratic it was when I hooked it up earlier especially when it looked like they replaced alot of things.

It's ground balancing now and the pinpoint works fine.:icon_scratch:

I apologize to Fisher and the readers of this post. I guess I really put my foot in it, sorry.

HH
John

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks...Im feelin better again....lol

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a new one from 2014 and it works great :)

gmanlight

Jun 17, 2007
MA NH seacoast
Detector(s) used
what ever works
With some bad units in the past, the reaction was understandable.
Atleast you did a recheck before biting some heads off. :laughing7:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got mine back a few weeks ago, they upgraded and returned quickly. it works great, like having a new machine. Hope your concerns are favorably resolved.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After much debating, and reading, i sent mine in about a week ago. Now i am just waiting.....but the ground is frozen and snow covered anyway...

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just sent mine off too. Having seen some of the work the fine folks at First Texas does, I am confident any loss in performance will be made up in other ways. Glad to hear it worked out for you. I did not send my 15 inch coil in with the unit. I hope that was not a mistake. I can't wait to use bp, cl, and fa modes.

OP
OP
dirtyJohn

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just sent mine off too. Having seen some of the work the fine folks at First Texas does, I am confident any loss in performance will be made up in other ways. Glad to hear it worked out for you. I did not send my 15 inch coil in with the unit. I hope that was not a mistake. I can't wait to use bp, cl, and fa modes.

I didn't send in my 15" coil either or my 5" coil. I don't know if it matters though as they both seem to work fine on the updated detector. The 15" coil would of had to been shipped separately anyways because I think the free shipping just covered a certain weight. I don't know that for a fact though. It would of added alot of extra weight because it's huge. I primarily hunt with the 11" anyways though and they did seem to do something to it.

HH
John

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes one other post said they opened up the coil housing. I use all the coils, the lil 5 inch can really hunt. Can't wait to get it in FA mode 2 tone. John, do you know how deep the 15 inch coil goes. I was really surprised how stable the large coil is.

OP
OP
dirtyJohn

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like hunting with the 5inch coil at trashy sites to. It still seems fine even though I didn't send it in so I'm not worried about it.

The 15inch coil is really deep (in BP) mode on most coin sized targets (except maybe dime sized) in my ground but my be different in your neck of the woods.

It's a heavy sucker though so I got a detecting buddy sling for it.

Here's a video someone did as an air test

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a email from Eva my F75 would be put in the mail today. But no fed ex tracking number so its still at the factory. I am really missing my F75. I find myself wanting to try the new programs at some old ground. Yes the 15 inch coil is heavy. I found I I st need to shorten the shaft and detect closer to my feet. It is very good in trashy areas.

OP
OP
dirtyJohn

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a email from Eva my F75 would be put in the mail today. But no fed ex tracking number so its still at the factory. I am really missing my F75. I find myself wanting to try the new programs at some old ground. Yes the 15 inch coil is heavy. I found I I st need to shorten the shaft and detect closer to my feet. It is very good in trashy areas.

I Wish I could hunt but Old Man Winter has been a cranky old SOB this year. Hopefully the snow will melt before next winter starts, lol. That 15inch coil does seem too heavy for the f75's rod. Kind of torques it as you swing so I usually shorten the shaft a little to. I wish there were more people that posted their opinions of it. Because I barely got to use it last year before winter hit so I really haven't put it through its paces yet.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can cover a lot of ground with it. I don't just hunt random modes. I go out for specific targets. Usually coin sized targets and above. Sometimes I put it on for effect when I see others hunting the same area. Kind of a Jones thing. I have been told we all dig trash, I disagree, not with the F75.

OP
OP
dirtyJohn

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess it depends on the style of detecting that you use. You are right that you don't have to dig alot of trash with the f75 if you are looking for specific types of targets (coins for example). I tend to dig everything non ferrous if I'm at an old site that's not littered with modern trash. At a park it's a different story but either way my curiosity usually gets the better of me even though I know that I shouldn't waste my time on certain targets.

Last edited:

wecoyote

Oct 30, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Whites 4900/D, Fisher TW-6, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm now feeling the "First Texas Love".
Sent my F75 SE in for the full blown upgrade to F75 LTD 2 and paid for 1 year of warranty. Got it back Tuesday evening, assembled it, inserted batteries and turned it on. Guess what, No Boost mode, No casche mode. I got it back as an F75 SE 2. Called them up right away, they checked and realized they made a mistake. Said they would send me another shipping label within the next 15 minutes to send it back again and that it would be a 2 day shipping to and from. Waited the rest of the evening for the email that never came. Called yesterday and left a voice mail to the same guy that I didn't get the email. about an hour later I received the email so after work I take it to FedEx, Have them print out the label and as they are scanning it in I see it shows as regular ground shipping.
So now I wait another week for them to receive it....

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can cover a lot of ground with it. I don't just hunt random modes. I go out for specific targets. Usually coin sized targets and above. Sometimes I put it on for effect when I see others hunting the same area. Kind of a Jones thing. I have been told we all dig trash, I disagree, not with the F75.

I bought the F-75 when it first came out in 2007. It was such a treat for me - coming off a machine with no notch and no TDI that LOVES aluminum caps and tabs - that I set it pretty limited and dug only hits that were "round" tones and read consistent in all directions when "X"ing. I can state for a fact the F-75 will allow you to dig only coins if you chose. You can even avoid post '82 cents.

BUT - there is no doubt at all that causes you to miss a lot of good targets, older, deeper, odder coins.

Anymore I set little or no discrimination, no notch, and decide on each target whether to dig. If you want gold rings, "Brassy" Indian Head Cents, the very occasional flying eagle cent, you will just have to accept that pulltabs and bottlecaps may be part of the diet.

wecoyote

Oct 30, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Whites 4900/D, Fisher TW-6, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm now feeling the "First Texas Love".
Sent my F75 SE in for the full blown upgrade to F75 LTD 2 and paid for 1 year of warranty. Got it back Tuesday evening, assembled it, inserted batteries and turned it on. Guess what, No Boost mode, No casche mode. I got it back as an F75 SE 2. Called them up right away, they checked and realized they made a mistake. Said they would send me another shipping label within the next 15 minutes to send it back again and that it would be a 2 day shipping to and from. Waited the rest of the evening for the email that never came. Called yesterday and left a voice mail to the same guy that I didn't get the email. about an hour later I received the email so after work I take it to FedEx, Have them print out the label and as they are scanning it in I see it shows as regular ground shipping.
So now I wait another week for them to receive it....

Well, They received it on Monday. I hadn't heard anything back from them so I called this morning. After he hunted for the paperwork, He informs me that it shipped back out on Wednesday. I asked why I hadn't received a tracking number but he never gave me a reason. I asked for the tracking number and after another few minutes he rattled off the number. By this time I had my work computer on FedEx tracking web page and typed it in while he was still on the phone. Sure enough, It went ground AGAIN and is scheduled for delivery on next Tuesday. He had an "I could care less" attitude toward the whole thing. And yes, it was the same guy that had promised 2 day shipping.

It BETTER be correct this time....rant over...

Tom

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel for you bud....it seems that the bigger companys like first texas and minelab have got so big that they dont care about that one customer anymore. I can say that Tesoro, Garrett and Whites do still seem to care. I am still undecided on my upgraded f75 since I have not used it much between bad weather and work. But it seems just as chatty as before....maybe worse but we'll see....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread