First session with F75

dan_h

Sep 9, 2005
OP
OP
D

dan_h

Sep 9, 2005
Forgot to mention that it is the Special Edition made in December and brand new not an updated one.

Hookedondetecting

Jul 18, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro COMPADRE and Mohave
ORX and Deus II
Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a Good Start. The 5" was my favorite coil last summer.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From what I have read is JE is just about obsolete if you have BP mode. I swing at a constant speed and if I am searching an area that does not have level soil. I switch between BP an PF. and then raise the sensitivity while in PF mode. Whn I get back to relatively level soil I switch back to BP and reduce the sensitivity if necessary. I had my F75 SE LTD upgraded over a month ago.

ddmk6

Mar 28, 2010
I'm still learning the LTD2 as well but it seems to me....DE and JE tolerate a faster sweep speed than BP. If I'm out in the open covering ground at a fast pace I will use those modes. When I start hearing targets or find something good I can switch back to BP and slow down sweep speed. Best way to figure out what works best for you is with a target in the ground. When you find something with a little depth to it....change settings and sweep speed to see what picks it up best.

Good luck

Kenny

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I switch between FA and JE modes. DE mode is the fastest mode I believe. BP is just too much for a trashy park for me. I have a test garden. I have a jar of pennies buried at 16" inches, I noticed with the upgrade a definite increase in signal. I have also had to start digging all repeatable signals. Once I get a spot cleaned out I can really turn up the power and hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread