Used F75 price

Quake

Mar 1, 2010
MD
Detector(s) used
Current: Xp Deus, Equinox 600

Detectors used: Whites XLT, Fisher F75, Minelab Se Pro, Makro racer 2, T2 LTD DST,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would say yes if it is in otherwise good condition.

OP
OP
Q

Quake

Mar 1, 2010
MD
Detector(s) used

Detectors used: Whites XLT, Fisher F75, Minelab Se Pro, Makro racer 2, T2 LTD DST,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, its in good shape
I was curious tho i hear about them bugs on the f75's like that mama pinpoint bug, is that on the f75 without the upgrade? Any other bugs on these machines?
Ive never used a fisher detector but wanted to get one seeing all the videos and test being done on youtube, and reading in the forums. They seem like an outstanding detector.
I wanted a upgrade version but dont have that kind of money right now, so i figure this is a start.
I really wish fisher would restart there upgrades again.

Stone

Feb 26, 2012
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The bug was with the upgrade but only in the beginning and has since been sorted. I have a F75 se without the upgrade, let me know if you need some help with it that is if you decide to purchase the machine.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The f75 ltd is a powerful machine and without dst it needs to be used at limited sensitivity to keep the machine "usable". Also, fairly effected by emi...more so than other machines. But still a very good machine for many different situations. $500 is a good price if condition is good. It should have came with the sniper coil also...which you will want.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My F-75 is a 2007 model. I was never afraid to drop the sensitivity down to 40 or even 30 if the conditions warranted it. The depth is still there. It was (and remains) a hot detector. Some owners complained that it was noisy - instead of commenting how great it was that the detector could push the sensitivity way up past normal operating range under certain conditions. Would be funny if all they did for the "upgrade" was to limit the sensitivity range to what had been the first 50% of the original model and place "boost" at the gain levels where the original top end had been. :laughing7:

I did get the upgrade (to F-75 LTD2 level) and it is much quieter. Eager to get out and try the new processes and tones. Yet to see if it is any better at finding targets. I don't put much stock in air tests; but it does go "beep" when I wave things near the coil. My test garden is under about four feet of snow at the moment and it was -3°F when I left for work this morning.

OP
OP
Q

Quake

Mar 1, 2010
MD
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey thanks for the responses
Yea i heard it was chattery, by lowering the sensitivity should help, i also read about using that 5" coil with it helping to reduce the chatter am i correct ?
Now off to get that F75 : )

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Definitely. I have been using a 6.5" elliptical coil on mine for the past few years.

Just added a 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter as I have heard good thinks about that one.

OP
OP
Q

Quake

Mar 1, 2010
MD
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would any one recommend useing a Emi filter for the detector?
And if so where to put it at.

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No need to get fancy. You are the EMI filter. Turn your cell phone off, take off your steel-tip boots, and lower the Sensitivity. You can also switch frequencies if you need to. The F75 is worth every cent of $500, I paid twice that. Watch the youtube videos and then read the Nasa Tom posts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread