CZ21 Wobbly shaft fix

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi guys, the thing that drove me nuts about my new machine was the wobbly shaft. Having it extended to the max didn't help either. So I have made a fix, no more wobble!
I took a lower shaft from a Whites Coinmaster DFX XLF MXT M6 etc., you will see it's almost 7'' longer than the Fisher one, the same diameter and a lot more solid. I marked out how far into the top section I wanted it to go then drilled a hole for the retainer(not sure what the correct name is!) You will see the Whites shaft has two retainers, I found using one was fine but of course you could drill a second hole for the other. I used the rubber washers off the Fisher shaft, they are a tight fit but they will with a bit of persuasion. You could of course use Whites washers. Also there is a slight bit of play on the coil due to the Fisher plastic bolt being a thinner diameter but again you could use a Whites one. You will see from the photos how easy this was. It is now a lot more solid, I have the added bonus of a longer shaft too.
I hope this is of use to someone!
thanks for reading. 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 7.jpg 010.JPG 9.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread