Adjustable audio pitch is going to help with 2F tone on upgraded F75ltd2

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about you but the 2F tone option could be hard to distinguish between the iron grunt and the good zip sound in really iron infested sites but now the audio pitch adjustments in all metal carry over into discriminate mode

I would sometimes have problems due to the tones being the same pitch although the iron was a grunt.

Now I set the audio pitch to +2 or higher and I noticed not only is it noticeably discernible between the 2 sounds unlike the previous 2F tone but those deep iffy signals now get that high pitch bleed through even mixed with the iron grunt that will happen on deep good targets.

It's sort of like using 3 or 4h tones but it's much faster and less audibly fatiguing in 2F.

I am also eager to put the FA process to the test when the snow melts. I can't test the FA indoors due to it being so prone to EMI even with the DST.

I used a T2 for years before buying the F75 ltd a couple of years back so it was an easy transition and these new tones, modes and other enhancements may re-open some old sites up again.

I think the upgrade was a good investment and haven't noticed any degradation in performance.

Now hurry up spring!

HH
John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread