Any concensus on whether 9.0 or 9.1 is DST on or off?

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this has been briefly discussed but I figured I would ask again seeing how people have gotten their machines back by now and can see for themselves.

The manual says 9.0 is DST on and 9.1 is DST off but I've heard the opposite that 9.0 is 80% DST enabled and 9.1 in 100% DST enabled (this came from Tom D's site).

To tell you the truth, I can barely tell the difference between the two except the audio lag in 9.1 does seem slightly (barely) longer which makes me think Tom D. may be right. Although I would tend to think the factory would know which is which.

Any opinions on this?

HH
John

Last edited:
OP
OP
dirtyJohn

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm also thinking that some EMI reduction would be present in both modes due to the hardware modifications they made to the coil. That may be why the machine seems quieter in 9.0 and 9.1 as compared to it before the upgrade.

HH
John

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anxiously awaiting an answer to this myself. I have went as far as to email Fisher and am awaiting a response.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would think if us Yankees could find a place with no snow...to properly Ground Balance...then we could answer that question ourselves.
I got a little spot in the driveway that i can see the ground....just to darn cold to go there.
I had one of the first F-75s and the Ltd2 not in DST Mode, is much more stable that the old "Green Machine".
Same thing with the T2 LTD2 more stable than the Org. T2....so maybe your right about the DST 80 % in 9.1 and 100% in 9.0.
9.0 DST is ON....9.1 DST is OFF on both the T2 and F-75.
Gary

Last edited:
OP
OP
dirtyJohn

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think if us Yankees could find a place with no snow...to properly Ground Balance...then we could answer that question ourselves.
I got a little spot in the driveway that i can see the ground....just to darn cold to go there.
I had one of the first F-75s and the Ltd2 not in DST Mode, is much more stable that the old "Green Machine".
Same thing with the T2 LTD2 more stable than the Org. T2....so maybe your right about the DST 80 % in 9.1 and 100% in 9.0.
Gary
I've taken mine outside to the shoveled part of the driveway and can't tell the difference in either mode.

From what I've heard on Tom Dankowski's site is he states that it's DST 80 % in 9.0 and 100% in 9.1 which is opposite of the manual.

If it was just anyone I may not of believed it but he knows his stuff and since he was one of the people that were involved in the creation of the CZ 3D. I tend to think he would be able to tell. Don't know :dontknow:

HH
John

OP
OP
dirtyJohn

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anxiously awaiting an answer to this myself. I have went as far as to email Fisher and am awaiting a response.
Me too. Please post their response. I am curious to hear their answer.

HH
John

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Land or Sea Pointer
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
John and Chopper
I think before you get a response from the factory to your Email.
woof will read this .....then we`ll get the right answer .
Gary

ddmk6

Mar 28, 2010
My F75LTD2 is a little deeper in 9.0 than 9.1 (air test). In tough EMI environments I really don't notice any difference (more EMI reduction) between the modes. I just leave it in 9.0. 9.1 seems to have more lag, most noticeable in BP.

OP
OP
dirtyJohn

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John and Chopper
I think before you get a response from the factory to your Email.
woof will read this .....then we`ll get the right answer .
Gary
I heard that he was out of the country right now.

HH
John

OP
OP
dirtyJohn

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My F75LTD2 is a little deeper in 9.0 than 9.1 (air test). In tough EMI environments I really don't notice any difference (more EMI reduction) between the modes. I just leave it in 9.0. 9.1 seems to have more lag, most noticeable in BP.
I noticed the same thing.

HH
John

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
9.0 DST is on.......

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Land or Sea Pointer
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
John
First Texas is very helpful on this "upgrade" i have talked with a lot of people from there.
I belong to another site the has a lot of chat about the DST upgrades on both the F-75 LDT2 and the T2 LTD2....i also see a lot of the guys that run the 75 on here... on that site too, so maybe that`s the reason for not much chat here.
Mike Scott posted his Email and Extension # on that site along with " Scully`s" Gene Scullion`s info.
He posted if you guys have any questions about the upgrade use these Emails.
Mike Scott
[email protected] Extension 307 @ the factory #
Gene Scullion
[email protected] Extension 311 @ factory #
Gary

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I bought my F75 a short time ago I have done a tom of reading up on it and the features it has.
One point of contention out there in the great internet was what settings were on and which were off for the DST. The manual says 90 in DST ON and 91 is DST OFF. Some have said that the manual is wrong, other than the manual is correct. Now if you ask 5 different people you will get five different answers so I went right to the source and spoke to the good folks at Fisher and this is what they said:

Hello Steven,

The correct information is, 9.0 is on and 9.1 is off.

Regards,

Arturo Barrientos
First Texas Products
Nivisys, LLC
Sales Support

Bryannagirl

Greenie
Jul 15, 2010
My experience is there is no off - I have seen videos where the compare a non upgraded F75 to an upgraded one, they also compare the 9.0 to 9.1 The non upgraded F75 is very chatty at 99 sens. The upgraded model is quite in both modes. It never gets chatty like the non upgraded F75. I have a T2 SE2 it is dead quite outside in most location but if it is a noisy location the 9.1 is quiter, not by a lot, but noticeable for sure. None of this agrees with 9.0 on and 9.1 off. Unless there are two types of noise surpression and 9.0 is DST version on and 9.1 off and 9.1 is DST off and 9.1 version of noise surpression on

Last edited:

gmanlight

Jun 17, 2007
MA NH seacoast
Detector(s) used
what ever works
NASA Tom has done some detailed testing and 9.0 is almost always deeper. Sometimes by almost a full inch.
If i can run in 9.0 all the time i will. Why run the other setting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread