F2 & first silver ring!

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta love this F2! Been swinging the X-Terra lately, thought I would pull out the F2 & 4" coil for a change. At an elementary school down the street I pulled 3 pieces of junk jewelry, 9 clad dimes 2 quarters & a 1955 wheat. I have pounded this spot with many detectors & different coils on those detectors as well. These were all 3-6" deep, no fresh drops. I am so impressed how this cheap detector continues to find stuff my other machines missed. Then today at a park I found a 1955 nickel & my first silver ring! I plan to start using the F2 & 4" coil exclusively for parks/schools when looking for jewelry. The 4" coil is like a laser beam, and the pinpointing is amazingly accurate as well as the depth guage. This is my second F2 in 5 years and I still am amazed at how well these detectors perform. Thanks Woof! You guys are doin it right at Fisher!

Attachments

• silver ring F2.jpg
    silver ring F2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 119
  • nickel 1955.jpg
    nickel 1955.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to beat a Fisher.:notworthy:

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Congrats on the ring!

I used the F2 for 18 months with only the 8" coil.
Found a lot, but then one day just for fun I threw the sniper coil on.
I was immediately surprised on the amount of clad I left behind at sites I revisited with that coil, but that was just my first jaw dropping experience.
Over the next 15 months I rarely took off that coil and my best finds ever with the F2 started popping out of the ground.
The F2 and the sniper is not a toy, beginner detector or a joke.
It is a precision tool that will find the good stuff.
Take my advice...leave it on and go hunt some trashy sites.
This is some of the best of what I found with my F2 and the sniper in the 15 months after I put it on.

Attachments

• sniper stuff 11-11.jpg
    sniper stuff 11-11.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
OP
OP
atomicscott

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the ring!

I used the F2 for 18 months with only the 8" coil.
Found a lot, but then one day just for fun I threw the sniper coil on.
I was immediately surprised on the amount of clad I left behind at sites I revisited with that coil, but that was just my first jaw dropping experience.
Over the next 15 months I rarely took off that coil and my best finds ever with the F2 started popping out of the ground.
The F2 and the sniper is not a toy, beginner detector or a joke.
It is a precision tool that will find the good stuff.
Take my advice...leave it on and go hunt some trashy sites.
This is some of the best of what I found with my F2 and the sniper in the 15 months after I put it on.

Digger27, I've talked with you extensively regarding the F2 a few years ago when I bought my first one, I believe. I leave the 4" coil on now, after finding 2 wheats in a super trashy iron filled site, that I missed with my Minelab. The F2 is such a pleasure to use, I am actually considering a NEL 9.5 x 5.5 coil for it.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
I remember.
Yea, it is fun, way more than I thought it would be when I got mine as a backup only.
That changed when I took it out and used it and then it became my prime hunter for 3 years.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job, scott. I keep the NEL sharpshooter on mine. Still does a great job in trashy sites.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions