V3I, DFX, XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Start with factory presets first. The original F75 was designed to run noisy. The new DST will run quiet. The All Metal mode effects the Discrimination side and vise versa. Setting the F75 can be a fine hair, but it will hunt in any mode and any setting. Less is more. Start out with less sens and disc and turn them up slowly till your confident. If you still have your whites, find some targets, then check out the F75 in different modes to help set it up for your area and hunt. If you have the 5" inch coil, that coil is your friend. The 11" inch is a great coil, but you dont loose much depth with the 5" inch coil. Download and read the manual. I have found JE mode, disc 4, sens 35, 3 tone, 0 notch is a great setting.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I fish at a good speed and most areas I hunt are not completely flat so I use the PF (plowed field) mode to reduce falsing. Reduce the sensitivity until your F75 quiets down. I normally discriminate 1 thru 15 and set the sensitivity at 60 first. If the detector is quiet, I increase the sensetivity until I just hear the chatter. From what I have read the JE mode runs the hottest. I was lucky enough to purchase mine last fall with a bunch of other MD gear and had it upgraded. It's much quieter now. The F75 is a good machine, hopefully you give it some time.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The F-75 rewards a fast sweep. Bury a test garden and practice on known coins and targets at known depths.

Jewelry mode is "busy", so stick to default if you want a less active search.

Don't be afraid to lower sensitivity to 30 or 40.

James/Texas

Mar 6, 2008
Edinburg, Texas
Detector(s) used
Many. A lot. Whole bunch. Several.
You said that you have an 'F75' so I take for granted you have an original'F75'
and not an LTD and it has not been upgraded. The settings below will work even if you
have a newer version of the F75. Remember, the settings I suggest are just somewhere
to start from. The settings are just about endless and as you get familiar with the
detector and start learning the sounds and numbers, you can and should adjust settings
for where and what you are hunting. A good place to start if you are coin hunting, especially
if the area to be hunted is new and full of trash:
Sensitivity: 60 to 70
Disc 10
Notch out Iron,Foil,Tab and Zinc
Tones use 3 or 3H (3h will make nickels read in as a high tone)
Process= DE
Either do a manual or a fast grab GB and make sure that in 'All Metal' select 'Motion'

If the area you hunt is older and not trashy, you can turn the sensitivity up until you
start getting falsing and notch in Foil, Tab and Zink. If you get EMI, then change frequencies
and that will usually help. Youtube has many good vids

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread