Fisher F44 video review

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to 17 minutes to see Keith shocked by the depth in his test garden!

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Already posted on the 11 22 44 thread but I watched it again anyway. He is making another one showing the function with different coils. It should be posted soon.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is there a DD coil for the F44 ?

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a number of the Fisher and Teknetics coils that will work.

Last edited:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a number of the Fisher and Teknetics coils that will work.

So should I get the GoFind 60 or F44? Haha. Just kidding. I think we both know the answer to that!

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So should I get the GoFind 60 or F44? Haha. Just kidding. I think we both know the answer to that!

If you definitely have that itch to have something that folds up small to transport then a GF would be your choice. Most would rather go the standard route and choose the F 44. As the secrets seep out through the cracks, there just might be some users that had eyes on buying some much higher dollar machines and just settle for a lowly $350 Fisher. Even the soon to be released $300 Whites has gained some attention. I like the trend of getting the costly functions in what they termed "Entry level machines".

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just pulled the trigger on one this morning. Pre-Order from Kellyco. I can not wait to get it in. I wonder when they will start shipping? Looks like a great coin shooter from Fisher.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just pulled the trigger on one this morning. Pre-Order from Kellyco. I can not wait to get it in. I wonder when they will start shipping? Looks like a great coin shooter from Fisher.

Not just a 'coin shooter', it also has a dedicated 'artifact' mode as well as jewelry mode.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you definitely have that itch to have something that folds up small to transport then a GF would be your choice. Most would rather go the standard route and choose the F 44. As the secrets seep out through the cracks, there just might be some users that had eyes on buying some much higher dollar machines and just settle for a lowly $350 Fisher. Even the soon to be released $300 Whites has gained some attention. I like the trend of getting the costly functions in what they termed "Entry level machines".

I was joking. With all the usable features of the F44, it SMOKES the GF60 IMO. The only real usable feature is the portability of the GF. I doubt for $300 or so, you are gonna get a huge amount of depth/performance from ML. They are known to be pricey machines.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go to 17 minutes to see Keith shocked by the depth in his test garden!

I had to stop action a few times. If he was hitting a 13" nickel, after it air tested one 4" less max, that's a great feat. Plus the nickel was coming in at 70s with a high tone.

Always the skeptic, until I see it dug with a measuring tape. Nothing against Keith though, it is a good video.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you are seeing clearly demonstrated on the video is an example of how the interaction of the detector's "INTELLIGENCE" with the ground matrix affects the decetion of targets. The usual result is reduced in ground depth compared to air depth, but that is not the only kind of result which is possible, as Keitth has demonstrated (to his own surprise).

If Keith says that's a 13" nickel, you can bet a month's pay on it. The kind of ingrained distrust some folks have for the ovservations and data of dedicated, experienced operators like Keith Southern does those folks no credit - IMHO.

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What you are seeing clearly demonstrated on the video is an example of how the interaction of the detector's "INTELLIGENCE" with the ground matrix affects the decetion of targets. The usual result is reduced in ground depth compared to air depth, but that is not the only kind of result which is possible, as Keitth has demonstrated (to his own surprise).

If Keith says that's a 13" nickel, you can bet a month's pay on it. The kind of ingrained distrust some folks have for the ovservations and data of dedicated, experienced operators like Keith Southern does those folks no credit - IMHO.

Skeptical until proven. I trust only God.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what's God's favorite metal detector? Oh I get it "Deus" lol

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vacating thread.

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would go with a Fisher or a Garrett detector before I tried any of the other models. I see people digging with these Deus Machines and yes they are quite responsive, but I'm not sold on them yet. Most of the targets I dig are in the 1-10 inch range. The reason I went with this new F44 machine is because of the frequency it operates on. I owned the Ace 250 and most people turn their nose up at it because it is a lower priced machine. But I guarantee you if I had my Ace 250 and you had your high dollar detector I could dig as many or more coins with that 250 than you could with your high dollar detector. The Ace 250 operates at 6.5 kHz and the F44 is operating at 7.65 kHz. That is very close and if the F44 hits on coins like the Ace 250 hits on coins I will have that detector paid for in a matter of a few months with clad. I paid for my Ace 250 in 3 months of digging plus I was able to buy the new "at the time" Garrett Pro pointer with just clad coins I found with the 250. I can bet Fishers machine is super responsive and fairly deep. Heck for $340 bucks i will give it a shot. I have the F75 and it is a great machine. Weatherproof, affordable and runs on 2 AA batteries. It sounds like a great machine to me.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would go with a Fisher or a Garrett detector before I tried any of the other models. I see people digging with these Deus Machines and yes they are quite responsive, but I'm not sold on them yet. Most of the targets I dig are in the 1-10 inch range. The reason I went with this new F44 machine is because of the frequency it operates on. I owned the Ace 250 and most people turn their nose up at it because it is a lower priced machine. But I guarantee you if I had my Ace 250 and you had your high dollar detector I could dig as many or more coins with that 250 than you could with your high dollar detector. The Ace 250 operates at 6.5 kHz and the F44 is operating at 7.65 kHz. That is very close and if the F44 hits on coins like the Ace 250 hits on coins I will have that detector paid for in a matter of a few months with clad. I paid for my Ace 250 in 3 months of digging plus I was able to buy the new "at the time" Garrett Pro pointer with just clad coins I found with the 250. I can bet Fishers machine is super responsive and fairly deep. Heck for $340 bucks i will give it a shot. I have the F75 and it is a great machine. Weatherproof, affordable and runs on 2 AA batteries. It sounds like a great machine to me.

We will NOT be disappointed! You really cannot go wrong with a Fisher or Tek or BH. The ad says "Fisher finds more". I have found this to be true in my case. I have no experience with Garrett, my Fishers have worked so good I don't have a desire to try one.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have liked to have seen a 10 inch gold and a 10 inch silver ring in that same test garden and how the 44 responded to them using that same coin setting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread