May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
When I set the sensitivity and ground balance to get rid of the chatter, which decreases/increases depth more? In others experience, which should I focus on more to get rid of the chatter while keeping max depth? Should I keep the sensitivity cranked up to 10 but ground balance at 5? Or the reverse? Right now I am about 6-8 on each whether I am on dry or wet sand and in the water about 5-6 on each. But I tend to keep them even and move them together to balance and could easily go 10 sensitivity and 3 ground balance or whatever instead if that gets me deeper.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Set to autotune. Sens to max then GB. When set you back off sens to midway. I am assuming chatter is because you have sand in your oil cover. Once you clean that out, GB over again, and leave the cell phone in the car.

OP
OP
A

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Set to autotune. Sens to max then GB. When set you back off sens to midway. I am assuming chatter is because you have sand in your oil cover. Once you clean that out, GB over again, and leave the cell phone in the car.

OK, so ground balance of say 3 with sens to 10 will give me more depth than sens/ground balance of 7 each? And cell phone can affect it? I will leave in the car from now on.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Adambomb ~ I just recently got a cz21. Started by hunting the wet sand a few times. First time out found a mercury dime. Second time a gold wedding band. Was pretty much digging everything. Just a few coins the third time. Was basically learning the machine. I don't crank up the sensitivity. It seems to go pretty deep at 4 and 5 where I hunt. This weekend. Went in the water for first time waist deep at low tide. Very sandy bottom. Not alot of signals. Did find 3 junk rings some clad mostly penny's and a watch full of water. Had to dig to china to recover the watch. I enjoyed the hunt and my time in the water. Recovering targets takes some getting use to, Was getting better after the first couple of hours. Bur to get back to sensitivity not sure if I would want to dig deeper then I was at current settings. This machine goes deep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions