Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got my first silver with my F22 last night and it's a beautiful colonial? Pomander? This detector seems to be pulling good stuff out from around iron that my Vaquero could not. The iron audio feature is really nice. This site has been pounded with the Vaquero with many nice finds but it now seems to have opened back up with a new detector. Can't say it's due to the F22 as any number of detectors could have made this possible but I'm enjoying some nice recent finds

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha, I really felt you would find some keepers you missed with the Vaquero. Congrats! Fisher fools you into thinking, 'it cannot be that good for $229'. Until you try it back to back with others twice the price. Then you become a believer!

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Given the fact that First Texas make so many models of metal detector and the fact that they appear to lack that made in the US feel about them, wouldnt you think it good business sense to move ALL their manufacturing to China now, instead of just getting their two biggest selling Bounty Hunters made there? - Just a thought

Let's put the money where the mouth is.

What two detectors are their biggest sellers? The two I have say "Made in USA" on the boxes I still have.

On their FaceBook site:

Bounty Hunter® metal detectors are American made by First Texas Products.

So, produce facts please.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I remember correctly only their 2 lowest models are made in Chins, the rest are made in America...

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I remember correctly only their 2 lowest models are made in Chins, the rest are made in America...

I believe it is now only the BH junior currently being made in China. I thought I remembered Dave J. mentioning it here somewhere.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe it is now only the BH junior currently being made in China. I thought I remembered Dave J. mentioning it here somewhere.
You could easily be correct, I know 1 is, I thought 2 were but I wouldn't put any money on it....

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this:

All Teknetics and Fisher products are made in USA
The Bounty Hunter Jr and VLF 2.1 also known as the Prospector is the only model made in China due to the quantities required especially during fourth quarter. Sometimes these same units are manufactured in USA. The boxes for these products clearly call out by law ‘Made in China’ when we make runs in USA we put a ‘Made in USA’ sticker over the ‘Made in China’ label.
All of our metal tubes and metal parts come from our supplier in NJ USA and all our plastic comes from our supplier in AZ with a small amount coming from CA-these accounts for about 98% of the detector. Our boards are manufactured in our own warehouse so that’s 100% of our detectors not made overseas.
The other 2 percent for boards which are electronics components are purchased from US companies like Mouser but they probably source them from hi tech Asian companies since the majority of electronics components come from there. We do directly purchase a very small amount of our electronic components from these Asian companies like S Korea, Japan and China for manufacturing our own boards.

Counterfeit products are a problem and run by organized crime in China. USA and most of the civilized world in general enforces IP and Trademark infringement laws. They also advertise products they don’t have and either send nothing or not what you ordered in a classic bait and switch.
China does not care and protects criminals and organized crime that steal property from others around the world selling inferior products branded with others hard developed, researched ingenuity and Trademarks.
Supporting criminals and counterfeiters by buying their products is supporting thieves and organized crime no matter how you look at it. I would never support a thief or criminal because when you do that makes me no better than one myself…..

Thanks,
Dig Deep!
Mike Scott @ FTP

From a 2013 post

It's different to use Chinese labor to manufacture your design and trademark than buying their product without regard to design specifications and quality.

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are two reasons why coins or other good targets are missed....either they are being masked by iron or other junk; or they are to deep for most machines to ID correctly. Notice that i didnt say "hit"...but ID correctly! This is where the price of the etrac comes from. I had a F75 ltd, fishers "big dog"....and it would "hit" a silver dime at really great depths. But the numbers and even the tones would jump around at those depths. The Etrac is the king of deep coins. And as for the iron trash.....that is where the Deus will beat the pants off of the rest...again, which is why the price is what it is.

One more thing will cause missed targets. Coil overload. Hunt with less sensitivity, watch your finds grow.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher has done great as far as Im concerned. The one reason to get a Fisher is the way they handle Iron Discrimination. I have met some of the guys and they know their business. I own a variety of detector stuff as I am about results. Do not let the price of a Fisher fool you. You are getting a top notch detector. If you cant find a Fisher product you like, your probably only searching for a pin pointer ha ha. But they have a detector for everyone. I would like to see some pictures of your finds trash or not. I would like to know what depth you are getting with the F22. Im sure there is plenty of folks here who can help you get the most out of your detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread