May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Check it out supposedly coming in 2016: Fisher is making a smart metal detector. New 2016 | MD-Hunter Blog

Fisher is making a smart metal detector. New 2016

Fisher has promised to make 15 (!) new detectors. And a smart metal detector must be atop… Any competitor must lose sleep over these words (or smile?).

Do you remember a picture where the metal detector of the future immediately indicated the type of a find, its condition and estimated cost? Well, Fisher is going to make such a machine.

smart-metal-detector

I’ve heard Fisher give a speech… We are making a smart metal detector that will search all by itself (without control on the part of a hunter) and show a picture of a find before it is dug up. In a perfect world, it will also estimate the condition of the find. The price for this metal detector will be up to $2000. In order to make such a smart machine, we have planned to release 15 new models, each of which will be a step towards our goal… Let’s start with two new products of 2016: the Fisher Mosca and the Fisher CZX metal detectors.
Fisher Mosca

fisher-mosca

fisher-mosca.jpg

Here’s the Fisher Mosca metal detector, the manufacturer promises we’ll see it in 2016. First off, it will be a multi-frequency device, but it’s just in word. The specification points out that it has 2 frequencies with a certain ratio. Having been asked a question “two or multiple frequency?” Fisher representatives hesitated… And finally announced that it would be definitely a multi-frequency machine with the ability to simultaneously operate over the entire frequency range.

In addition, the Fisher Mosca is an amphibian metal detector for ground and underwater (up to 3 meters) search. Wireless and/or (they couldn’t say for sure) underwater headphones. And what has this detector got that the Minelab CTX 3030 hasn’t? The latter has all this right now.
Fisher CZX

fisher-czx

fisher-czx1.jpg

The Fisher CZX metal detector is also expected in 2016. It is announced as a special device to search for gold in any soil type (it has been specified that it can easily see through both red and black sand). The main peculiarity of the Fisher CZX will be the absence of adjustments for a hunter. The detector itself will tune all things out and choose the best parameters for a current search.

An auto search through all settings? And discrimination? Is Fisher better than Minelab? It seems to me that Minelab is higher than Fisher in terms of technology (if it were not so, we would know about it). As for the existing technologies of top metal detectors (for example, the Minelab CTX 3030), automatic tuning is of low efficiency in practical search. Maybe Fisher means just searching for gold. But there is also nothing to do here without manual adjustment (the way I look).

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the past manufactures said the detectors were Automatic ground balance when in fact they were preset. More than one frequency is multi freq. Sorta like Minelabs, BBS,FBS. So its going to tell the diff between a pull tab and a gold ring?:laughing7: Hold on to your socks and read between the lines.:icon_scratch:

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Completely agree with Sandman. Those are simply ludicrous goals/propositions/selling points. I'm a tech by trade and make my living as a systems admin and can't stand when companies try to automate things to the point where human intervention is "not necessary" or having the machine know what's best. Bottom line is the best detector is what is between my ears and the judgments that I make with my brain. Would be nice for md vendors to focus on what matters to detectorists and not try to cram unnecessary tech into machines just to add another feature bullet point. Bottom line is I like to tweak my machine to the way I like it....don't "automatically" tell me or assume what I like/don't like.

Happy Hunting
-TwoYewts

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
OH you mean i can just sit home and watch TV and send out my detector to bring back gold & silver to me... What a bunch of bull that is..

MXT SNIPER

Sep 30, 2004
Not sure what we are reading into things reading the limited details of this Fisher dealer printed material, but if it really has a "new" form of ground balancing, coupled with say 8khz and 72khz, with disc, vdi id screen, I will be a player. I want something to replace my aging Gold Bug 2, so far no manufacturer has come close. This would be over the top if done correctly.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OH you mean i can just sit home and watch TV and send out my detector to bring back gold & silver to me... What a bunch of bull that is..

Well, they are making cars for us that brake when we are too stupid to do it ourselves (by not keeping our eye on the road).

Rise of the Machines. They are becoming "smart" (the dumber we become).:laughing7:

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
I work with some one that has a car with one of these new "breaking" features. He though he couldn't hit anything backing up. He backed into a wall. Damage.

...as far as any new machines. I'll believe it when I see it.

Well, they are making cars for us that brake when we are too stupid to do it ourselves (by not keeping our eye on the road).

Rise of the Machines. They are becoming "smart" (the dumber we become).:laughing7:

Last edited:

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Yep we've gotten machines so smart that we can become stupid now.
Just what the guvment wants. :occasion14:

Last edited:

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex, Nokta Makro PulseDive, Whites Bullseye TRX, Teknetics Tek-Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if we are going to see these machines this year. Here we are in September. My only hope is that the machines do utilize USB ports for updates. Pods, like on the Deus should also be the future. Software could be updated right at home. Hardware upgrades could be a simple swap of pods. It sucks to have to send a whole machine back to the factory for these things especially in the tech era we are in.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmm! we will see. Is that a real ad above?

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex, Nokta Makro PulseDive, Whites Bullseye TRX, Teknetics Tek-Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a real conference and those are the actual bulletpoint presentations on it. Fisher is looking to play leap frog. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with. Have to be more features than anything. They already sit on the edge of what a single coil VLF machine can do in terms of depth in the F75 LTD 2.

Last edited:

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might have to have one of each. I'm a fan of the pod design, but the CZX sounds interesting too. How will they get even more depth than they already do. T2, F75, and from what I understand the CZ-3D already push against the limits before you'd have to accept battery drain beyond any practical use given current tech.

OP
OP
A

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Would be nice to have some more options and I would love to see the CTX get some kind of competition

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would be nice to have some more options and I would love to see the CTX get some kind of competition

I could be wrong on this because I haven't done my homework on the CTX, but isn't the f75 a deeper machine? I notice that a lot of the more well-to-do guys pack a 3030, Deus, and an f75. I know from a feature and versatility perspective those higher end machines have it licked, but I wonder about depth.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IDK man...I'm fairly certain I'd pick a CTX if we are talking pure depth. Especially if I want ID on that depth. CTX can ID a quarter in Satan's pocket.

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metaldetectorreviews.net has the CTX coming in at an ave. max depth of about 11" on a quarter in favorable soil and the F75 at 15" in favorable soil. Doesn't sound right to me. Better not be for a $2,500 machine. We should look into it though. It's not the first time I've read or seen claims that the 75 is deeper. That's not to say that it's better. There's a quantity vs. quality consideration.

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check this out too. http://treasuremtndetectors.com/top-5-metal-detectors/

From what I've been seeing tonight, when it comes to depth alone, it's a give and take between the CTX 3030 and the regular or DST F75/T2 depending on coil. But when it comes to the LTD versions of the F75/T2 they take the cake.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would sure love to think my T2 Classic can hang with a CTX for pure depth....but I just don't think so. In good soil I think the CTX can hit deeper than anything other than a GPX7000.

If you talk about adding iron into the mix then I can see the F75/T2 joining the conversation as far as recovering targets masked in iron "at depth". The recovery speed of the F75/T2 make a mockery of the CTX.

But for just pure depth in good clean soil...I think the F75/T2 totally miss targets the CTX hits. Just my opinion until I review one and find out lol

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I originally would have expected that to be the case as well. But after hours and hours of pouring over the available information, everyone with a hand on both machines gave the edge to the F75 LTD, and even a version of the CZ-3D. Some cases the Tejon takes it to task on depth. Through all the research, it did confirm what I thought I noticed before as well, that many CTX users still keep an F75 around for its depth capabilities. There are many accounts of users being completely underwhelmed by the depth of the CTX compared to what they were expecting from such an expensive unit. The 17" coil does add up to a couple inches, but the 75 can play that game too. The general consensus seems to be that the F75 LTD (no slouch in the pricing dept either) as well as the T2 LTD is still the go-to depth monster, while the Minelab is just more versatile, with more features and a better VDI within its own depth parameters. I was not able to find as of yet anyone with a hand on both machines that claimed the opposite other than in perhaps wet sand, and that's after watching tests on both units, reviews on both units, head to heads, and going through accounts of multi-unit users in the hobby in various forums. I'm going to continue going over as much info as I can find, but this to me is good news. It shows what First Texas is capable of and why Dave J is so interested in the "psychology" of these forums. Psychology is their biggest competition.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread