Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm a long time Minelab Excal guy but I had an opportunity recently to try out the Fisher F44 and run it through its paces in several different environments. I was very impressed by both the overall functionality designed into this “entry level” machine and the capability it offers to the beginner and intermediate detectorist. It successfully combines a wide spectrum of capability not normally offered in a detector in this price range with simple navigational menus that are important to the novice. However, the manual should be simplified to be more clear and comprehensive in describing the overall ground balance process.

Bottom Line: It seems Fisher has set a high standard for this level of detector that other manufactures must now emulate in order to compete in this market segment. This “entry level” machine shines in it's intended environment of land and fresh water beaches. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the F44 could also be stabilized on a salt water beach while running at its maximum sensitivity level but the detectable depth did suffer somewhat in the surf and wet sand. If you're looking for a super entry level detector for land and fresh water and are willing to sacrifice a little depth on salt water beaches, in my view, the F44 is a great choice.

Check it out... http://www.kellycodetectors.com/pro...ontent=fisherf44&utm_campaign=fieldtestreview

Just the view from my foxhole...

Last edited:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are so right on this detector. Granted on salt water beaches the F44 may be somewhat iffy in the wet sand but that varies with the area. It is a fine detector.:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread