F70 might just be a real sleeper unit out there!

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello everyone, I'm just giving a shout out for the F70 seems we don't see or hear much on this unit anymore. Me personally I think its interface is easier than the F75, just my take thrown in. I also think your not missing much between the F70 and the F75 in performance. Some will argue I'm sure. But if any of you are looking for that up-grade and have considered a F75, go have a look at the F70 :icon_thumleft:
Opie

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Shushhhhhhhh!

There are too many users out there already.
There is a lot of treasure out there but it is finite...The more that buy and use the F70 the quicker it goes.
There are actually a lot of posts, tips, advice, discussions and threads about this one on other forums, we owners aren't the largest group but we are rabid and vocal and love to share.
I have used mine with wildly different settings at sites that were completely different in types and conditions and have yet to find one where the thing won't work better than anything else that I have ever swung and my jaw constantly drops when I see what it can do...and find.
Using almost any kind of coil, too.
Crazy heavy trash, iron infested, good soil and bad, this thing has yet to disappoint me anywhere or at anytime.
I am totally anal about learning my detectors in order to get better, faster and find great stuff.
In about a year and a half I have learned a ton and had some mind blowing experiences when it does things I had not thought possible, but I believe I might only know about 10% of what this thing is capable of.

Mine paid for itself within the first year in the clad and jewelry it found...easily.

It finds targets ridiculously small, masked, shallow, scary deep and every metal type on the planet.

The things and some processes that were experimented with and designed into this thing made it possible to eventually upgrade the the flagship F75.
SL came out on the F70 before boost on the F75.
Different processes...same effect.
Dave J. has stated in words on this very forum that the marketing guys at FTP in no way, shape or form ever want anyone to know how good this thing really is, and that no owner should ever feel that they missed something by not opting for the flagship model.
The DST upgrade for the F75 and T2 could be an advantage but I doubt they will ever offer it on the F70 even though I'm pretty sure they could because they all were designed on the same basic platform.
They would be crazy to do that from a business and marketing standpoint.
Just watch...within days of the final run of the F75 sometime in the future when it gets replaced by something else they will announce an upgrade program for the F70 to add DST.

Can it be a little noisy on higher power settings...sometimes, but all part of the language and easily dealt with if you have a mind to.

Sleeper?
Sure...the absolute very definition of the word.
Now the best thing to do is keep it that way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well said digger!! This unit has been a very welcome addition to my collection. I have to agree with the Ssshhhhhhh!,,,,lol

Snap on Man

Apr 15, 2012
Tupelo, Ms
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5- Teknetics T 2 Classic w NEL Sharpshooter coil - Whites TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep this between us. I am about to buy one. Ssssshhhhhhhhhhh!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread