gtfm2345

Nov 15, 2012
c ny
Detector(s) used
TEK OMEGA TEK ALPHA DET PRO WADER NEL COIL 4"dd
10" ELPTCL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep the pinpointing sucks and the size of the coil gets in its own way meaning you will be hearing and trying to pinpoint a signal that may be up to 10 away on surface! However if you work slow and learn it it is a monster ... I most recently found 2 1850 large cents that were 12" deep and it sang out signal like they were @ 6"

OP
OP
TheCaribbeanDigger

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep the pinpointing sucks and the size of the coil gets in its own way meaning you will be hearing and trying to pinpoint a signal that may be up to 10 away on surface! However if you work slow and learn it it is a monster ... I most recently found 2 1850 large cents that were 12" deep and it sang out signal like they were @ 6"

Iv'e heard that with the stock coil the F75 has found coins at 15"!! I'm looking at getting a deeper machine, (I currently have an AT Pro) so basically
I have the F75, Etrac, Safari or a T2 on list. But I have heard many good things on the F75. My first machine was a F2.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you tried any of the NEL coils on your AT-Pro? Why buy a whole new machine? I personally have the NEL Tornado coil for my AT-Pro for when I want a little more depth and coverage but you can get the 15" x 17" for the AT as well.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
My first machine was an F2 and my current go-to machine is an F75. I have yet to find a coin at 15", just saying. I found my US bridle rosette at 12" with the F75.

Regardless if it finds coins that deep or not, I absolutely love my F75. It discriminates great, it's recovery speed is awesome, it finds extremely small items, it's light and ergonomic so that it feels like an extension of my arm and feels lighter than it actually is.

With all of that said, I plan on getting an E-Trac and a Deus at some point as well.

OP
OP
TheCaribbeanDigger

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first machine was an F2 and my current go-to machine is an F75. I have yet to find a coin at 15", just saying. I found my US bridle rosette at 12" with the F75.

Regardless if it finds coins that deep or not, I absolutely love my F75. It discriminates great, it's recovery speed is awesome, it finds extremely small items, it's light and ergonomic so that it feels like an extension of my arm and feels lighter than it actually is.

With all of that said, I plan on getting an E-Trac and a Deus at some point as well.

Same here! I feel so tempted on getting an Etrac or Safari due to its 28, did I say 28 frequency ability? FBS!!!!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Problem with that big coil is it may not find smaller coins at 8", or be reporting back gibberish over multiple targets.

If bigger solved all problems we'd all be swinging garbage can lid sized coils.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Iv'e heard that with the stock coil the F75 has found coins at 15"!! I'm looking at getting a deeper machine, (I currently have an AT Pro) so basically
I have the F75, Etrac, Safari or a T2 on list. But I have heard many good things on the F75. My first machine was a F2.

I have a F75SE and an Etrac... they are both amazing...

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have you tried any of the NEL coils on your AT-Pro? Why buy a whole new machine? I personally have the NEL Tornado coil for my AT-Pro for when I want a little more depth and coverage but you can get the 15" x 17" for the AT as well.

I had a new AT Pro with an NEL 15" Attack coil... it was the best coil I ever used on the AT Pro, but was not even in the same league as the F75 so I sold it all... The AT Pro masks too many targets in heavy iron areas... You will walk right over them and not even know it...

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Problem with that big coil is it may not find smaller coins at 8", or be reporting back gibberish over multiple targets.

If bigger solved all problems we'd all be swinging garbage can lid sized coils.

I respect your input Charlie but on open fields/sports fields the larger coils dominate standard coils... They are not good in trashy areas at all though...

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same here! I feel so tempted on getting an Etrac or Safari due to its 28, did I say 28 frequency ability? FBS!!!!

I agree on all of the F75 comments above... they part I smile about is finding a coin at 15" :) Maybe on the beach, maybe in an air test, but not in the dirt... Its like fishing tales of the 25" lunker that got away way that as really 9" big smile... :)))

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

You will love the new F75... so powerful...

gtfm2345

Nov 15, 2012
c ny
Detector(s) used
TEK OMEGA TEK ALPHA DET PRO WADER NEL COIL 4"dd
10" ELPTCL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The funny thing about 15 " targets the deepest silver coin I ever dug was in a 1800's park right in a village spanked and I mean spanked by other detectors it was a 1875 seated at around 11" solid I was using my omega with neo tornado ( my favorite coil) hovever, I have found that most of my oldest stuff is shallow ,and found,simply through good research !!!!! Including this year 1899 barber quarter at 3", 1853 trime (2days ago) surface river bank, several largies, skeletons and more. Go to the woods u will be amazed!!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I installed a 15" x 12" coil on my F75LTDSE and now use a harness, I have 3 coils for the detector, each serves a purpose.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I installed a 15" x 12" coil on my F75LTDSE and now use a harness, I have 3 coils for the detector, each serves a purpose.

Hey Loco... I have the same 3 coils for my F75SE and you are right. I am glad you like your big coil... I just bought the same coil for my eTrac... :)
Gary from Oregon...

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Loco... I have the same 3 coils for my F75SE and you are right. I am glad you like your big coil... I just bought the same coil for my eTrac... :)
Gary from Oregon...

I like it and have not taken it off yet, Most of the permission I hunt aren't trashy, but there is a trashy permission I will need the use of the 5" coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread