Frequency of the 1265X

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540 or Garrett Ace 400 with a Cors Cannon coil and Z-lynk, Predator Piranha shovel, White's TRX pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a vintage 1265X at an auction with extra coils and a set of Depth Master Superphones, so spiffing it up because it was dusty (and needed battery holders), but I was wondering what the frequency is? I pal around with a bunch of Garrett users (I have a 350) and we are always cross-talking, so hoping the Fisher doesn't interfere. Also, we were hunting around an 1820 house and they had an invisible dog fence. The frequency killed me and the only person to tune it out was a guy with an AT-Pro with a frequency shifter. He was a noob, though, and got nothing in the hour we spent there. The other fellow had a Fisher F2 and was able to turn the sensitivity way down and keep hunting, but all he got was some modern stuff. I got some field trash and that's it, so keeping my fingers crossed maybe the 1265x can shrug off the pulsations. Thanks for any suggestions!

OP
OP
A

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540 or Garrett Ace 400 with a Cors Cannon coil and Z-lynk, Predator Piranha shovel, White's TRX pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As an FYI to those who might read this thread. Invisible dog fences operate on either 7 or 10 MHz, so Garrett Ace, White's, etc. all fall within that range. The AT-Pro was able to shift out of the range, so be aware of that sort of thing. Wish me luck!:treasurechest:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions