How does the cz 21 do on land?

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't mind developing muscular hypertrophy and Tendinitis in your right or left arm the CZ-21 works okay on land. Just a bit slow in my opinion in discriminate mode. It is a pretty deep machine, but very heavy. I keep mine for the beach in water and wet sand to a max of 5 hours.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I think it works very well on land, you just have to hip mount it due to weight. I used mine on rainy days before I purchased the F44 and found lots of good stuff with it. The big issue is that you are always attached to the unit if you hip mount which becomes troublesome when you dig, at least it did for me. If you can swing it, keep the xp deus for land and use the cz for the water.

OP
OP
C

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help Caveman

OP
OP
C

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't mind developing muscular hypertrophy and Tendinitis in your right or left arm the CZ-21 works okay on land. Just a bit slow in my opinion in discriminate mode. It is a pretty deep machine, but very heavy. I keep mine for the beach in water and wet sand to a max of 5 hours.

Thats funny FL

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOULD NOT USE IT FOR SCHOOL YARDS - BUT GREAT FOR RELIC HUNTING - TOOK IT ON 2 LARGE CW HUNTS LAST YEAR AND I OUT SHOT
MOST OF THE GUYS USING EXPENSIVE LAND MACHINES - THE 2 SPOTS IN 2 DIFFERENT STATES HAVE BEEN HIT BY 100S IN THE PAST
MY CZ21 WAS PICKING UP IRON AND LEAD RELICS DOWN TO 2 FEET AT BOTH SPOTS AND I HAD GUYS SWING OVER SOME OF MY SIGNALS WITH EXPENSIVE LAND MACHINES AND GET NO SIGNALS AT ALL - ONE GUY SIAD HE GOT FAINT IN AND OUT ON ONE BUT SAID IT SOUNDED LIKE A "GHOST"
THEY WERE ALL SHOCKED WHEN I DUG UP MUSKETBALLS AND MINIES RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM IN SPOTS THEY HAD SWUNG OVER
FUNNY THING WAS - ALMOST EVERYONE LAUGHED AT ME AT THE BEGINNING OF THE HUNTS BECAUSE THEY SAW WHAT I WAS USING - I GET OLD GOLD AND SINKERS IN THE WATER IN THE 2 FOOT RANGE IN ALL METAL ON A REGULAR BASIS AND KNEW IN THE RIGHT CONDITIONS I COULD DO THE SAME ON LAND

RING TAILED SHARPS DOWN CLOSE TO 2 FEET

2ND HUNT WITH CZ21

3 RINGER DOWN CLOSE TO 2 FEET

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH - I HAD MINE CHEST MOUNTED

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The CZ-6a is the land version and it has a salt mode you can turn on or off unlike the CZ-20 OR 21 which is set permanently on. Also lots lighter and has a display and you can change coils.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I found mounting it under the elbow with a $12 conversion bracket (tradition straight shaft method) was the best. I can hunt all day now and don't worry about tearing up the coil wire by waist or chest mounting.

I've done a small amount of landing hunting with my CZ and it is not bad, but because there is so much trash in parks,etc, I prefer my AT Pro. It's lighter and has much better discrimination (notch settings, iron disc, target id, etc).

If my CZ was my only machine I wouldn't hesitate to hunt parks with it. Visa Versa for the AT Pro.

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    623.7 KB · Views: 307

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've used my CZ20 on the land a few times. (The CZ20 is almost identical to the CZ21) I always hip mount it when swinging, in this fashion it is super light. My only issue was
all the zinc pennies I had to dig since the CZ20/21 has no meter. I avoid the zinc pennies like the plague when I have a meter to read.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've used my CZ20 on the land a few times. (The CZ20 is almost identical to the CZ21) I always hip mount it when swinging, in this fashion it is super light. My only issue was
all the zinc pennies I had to dig since the CZ20/21 has no meter. I avoid the zinc pennies like the plague when I have a meter to read.

And pull tabs which ring up as a high tone :| Argh!

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cz21 balance

I found mounting it under the elbow with a $12 conversion bracket (tradition straight shaft method) was the best. I can hunt all day now and don't worry about tearing up the coil wire by waist or chest mounting.

I use the same setup. Makes a big difference in the balance. I face the controls toward the loop.

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys I just made myself a one piece aluminum(aluminium, haha) shaft for my CZ21, the balance is great now I have set it up as in the pic but i'm worried about damaging the knobs which are now at the end, has anyone any ideas how to protect them? thanks

1.jpg

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could mount the electronics with the knobs pointing toward the coil. That's what I use. If ya have to make an adjustment you just point the loop to the sky and the controls are right there. You rarely have to make any adjustments to the CZ-21 after the initial start up anyhow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

beendetected

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mudflap ... Any chance of a pic of your typical setup?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The mounting bracket from eBay makes a world of difference for the cz21 and 1280x

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys I just made myself a one piece aluminum(aluminium, haha) shaft for my CZ21, the balance is great now I have set it up as in the pic but i'm worried about damaging the knobs which are now at the end, has anyone any ideas how to protect them? thanks

View attachment 1424480

You should be able to turn the machine around so the knobs face forward. If you loosen the mounting bracket, turn it around, and then tighten it back up again, it should grip the slot enough that it can't slip on the bracket.

I mount mine between the grip and the arm cuff, and the original feet from the cuff protect the knobs. It probably doesn't balance as well as yours does though.

You can see it here in this video:

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I found I could recognize Zinc's... they seem to have a "higher" high tone than other coins. I swear I can hear the difference between dimes and quarters, and zinc pennies and copper pennies. Seems like the tone is more pure and sounds higher even though it may not be.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread